Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Need VPN Recommendations for Smart TV

Need VPN Recommendations for Smart TV

Postby DonaldS » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi all,

I've purchased the LG Smart TV. I was looking on how to set up a VPN on a smart tv and bumped in this Samsung Smart TV VPN guide. The good thing is that I successfully configured VPN on it. The irritating thing is I'm getting a slow speed, I cannot watch Netflix or YouTube in 720p. The router I'm using is Asus RT-AC66U and IPVanish is my VPN which is configured. Please tell me why am I getting a slow stream only on these two channels?

Thanks

DonaldS Newbie

Re: Need VPN Recommendations for Smart TV

Postby Gamerone » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:48 pm

Here's a tutorial on how to improve streaming quality on a smart tv.
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-impr ... -and-more/
Sounds like to me though, it might be a internet problem.

I'M ONE WHO LIKES TO PLAY GAMES™
MY UPLOADS

SPY VS SPY
Gamerone 5

Postby pirate_tar » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:53 pm

These T V's are not smart; Labeling should have been "dumb", please update!

pirate_tar 6

Postby rosykelvin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:39 pm

DonaldS wrote:Hi all,

I've purchased the LG Smart TV. I was looking on how to set up a VPN on a smart tv and bumped in this Samsung Smart TV VPN guide. The good thing is that I successfully configured VPN on it. The irritating thing is I'm getting a slow speed, I cannot watch Netflix or YouTube in 720p. The router I'm using is Asus RT-AC66U and IPVanish is my VPN which is configured. Please tell me why am I getting a slow stream only on these two channels?

Thanks

I would say there seems to be problem with the vpn you have chosen. As the router you have is way better than others, so try to dig a little more about VPN providers and compare the top results based on your specific needs.

rosykelvin Newbie

Postby rosykelvin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks

To be specific, I would recommend you should buy Ivacy VPN and then follow the same steps, I am sure it will work with no speed lags.

rosykelvin Newbie

Postby davidmichaels » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm

Hey there,

As per your question that you found a guide on samsung tv from a website that you mentioned. I recently purchased a vpn from same website and its not working properly :( I purchased purevpn and to my bad its no way in helping me watching shows on netflix as their speed is too low.

davidmichaels Newbie

Postby anajames » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks

Hello Donald, I would like to recommend you to use NordVPN. According to the recent vpn speed test conducted it is the best fastest vpn at the moment. But it is on the higher side in price. So, if you are looking for something not very expensive, I would like to recommend some Cheap VPN service that are fast too.

anajames 2

Postby JNehru » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:07 pm

for smart tv use Ivacy vpn.
The app is available on the app store just search ivacy and there you go..

JNehru Newbie

Return to Gadgets & Technology