Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

need some opinions on a scooter purchase

need some opinions on a scooter purchase

Postby dreamcast459 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:56 am

ok so i have the chance to snag a razor ecosmart scooter new in the box from fingerhut for about 46$ a month. so the total price is 487.00 but its only 45 a month via fingerhuts credit line. but having never owned a scooter before i have a few questions

#1 for the price do you think this is a good scooter
#2 if the max rated range for this scooter is around 7-10 miles how do i determine how far i can go on a full charge i.e. if my route is say 11 min (5.4 mi) each way how would i know or be able to figure out if it will make the trip on a single charge

if i wanna ride the scooter to a location how do i determine if i can get to the location and back home without the battery dying on me cant always charge the batteries when out and about

lastly what else should i know about this scooter are there any good upgrades for it

my misses is concerned that i might get hurt riding this thing so shes on the fence about my buying it

https://www.razor.com/products/electric ... c-scooter/

i have alot of people telling me its a stupid purchase

from some google searching it looks like i can upgrade the scooter a bit in terms of better batteries and the lot

the reason i was gonna buy this scooter is to help me get around my area i.e. down the street if i need some small groceries or if i just wanna grab taco bell or hit target. sometimes im not able to take the public bus so i either have to walk or beg my mom who lives across town to come take me

hence why i want the scooter

a scooter forum would have been a better place to ask this but you guys are like my family and i have always respected your input and opinions

so please put yourself in my shoes and give me an honest opinion

edit would also use this scooter to get me to the local used gaming shops for my retro needs

sucessfull trade with ware-wolf my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/4599kane/videos
MMO's that i play star trek online and shot online

systems i own
dreamcast
saturn chip modded
N64
sega game gear
orig-xbox
xbox360
dreamcast459 13

Re: need some opinions on a scooter purchase

Postby Biggsy666 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:57 am

I'de rather walk, lack of exercise is not a good thing. All that money for a scooter, no way.

Get an old scrap moped engine and stick it on a normal one :lol:

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My Custom Projects Click Here
Biggsy666 13

Custom Title: The Reverend

Postby FreePlayFlorida » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:59 am

we had one of those chinese vespa knock off in florida, was about 800 bucks all in, delivered to door, no licence required, just a tag, fun to ride in the sunshine, not so much in rain, your technically mpg (well battery) will vary depending on your weight, gradient of road etc, so whilst the specs might quote a certain speed, distance really factor in less 10% or so I think, 487 seems a lot for that but better than walking for sure, I think I would probably opt for a used gas powered around same cash, and get 80-100 mpg, gives you more scope on distance etc

Spoiler:
Current Collection : Nintendo - NES Classic, SNES Classic, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch Sega - Saturn, Dreamcast, Sony - PS1, PS2 (Phat with HD & Slim), PS3, PS4, Xbox - (Mountain Dew edition/Crystal/Regular with Coinops), 360, 360 JTAG, Xbox One. Handhelds : GB, GBC, GBA, GBA Micro, GBA Slim, DS Phat, DS Slim, DS XL, 2DS, 3DS NXL, PSP, PS Vita OLED, PS Vita Slim, PSTV, Sega Game Gear, Dingoo & Sega Universal Arcade Cab, L&B Arcade Cab, Cashino Video Slot, VertPie Arcade, Pi3 Setup with 50" Plasma.
FreePlayFlorida 4

Postby raika » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Don't buy a scooter, get into skateboarding

Disappear here.Image
Spoiler:
Proud owner of :
A modded ( rgb stereo / US/EU) Nintendo NES (europe)
A modded (rgb) PC Engine Duo (japan)
A modded ( 9-pins rgb) pc engine 1
A modded ( US/JP/EU)dreamcast ( japan)
A dreamcast ( europe)
A PC engine GT (jp)
A Modded (US, EU, JP) saturn
A saturn (europe)
A modded Sega megadrive ( US, EU, JP)
A PS one ( europe)
A modded ( 50/60 hertz JP/US/EU) snes
A super famicom
A gamecube ( europe)
A nintendo 64 ( europe)
A gameboy Advanced ( europe)
raika 4

Custom Title: always on pc engine

Postby ClassicGamer90 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:55 pm

I used to have a Schwinn electric scooter very similar to this, but it was around $200 brand new and that was over 10 years ago. It stated the same specs (18 MPH up to 40 minutes) but it wouldn't be any time and the battery was dead and pushing that thing really sucked as their metal frames are pretty heavy.

To answer your question the only way to tell would be to ride the distance and find out, but once that red light comes on you're fucked. It really isn't worth it especially for nearly $500 (thats FingerHut for you), you'd be better off getting one of those bicycles that have an electric motor that way atleast when the battery dies you can pedal rather than pushing it.

You could always check into getting a loan if you have to do payments and get a moped which would get you much further or last way longer on a full tank of gas.

Systems I own:

Spoiler:
x2 NES
x2 SNES (Orig. & mini)
x1 Super Famicom
x2 Sega Genesis
x2 Nintendo 64
x3 PlayStation (Slim, orig., & orig. w/chip & clear blue shell)
x1 Sega Saturn
x4 Sega Dreamcast (1 w/ clear blue shell)
x2 GameCube (Xeno chip)
x1 GB
x1 GB Pocket
x2 GBC
x2 GBA
x1 GBA SP
x4 PlayStation 2 (2 orig. & 2 slim)
x1 Original Xbox (250GB HDD & UnleashX)
x1 Xbox 360 (Star Wars 320GB)
x1 PlayStation 3 (1TB)
x1 Wii (soft modded, 1TB HDD)
x1 Wii U