Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

They will reboot anything, new mythbusters season (20)

They will reboot anything, new mythbusters season (20)

Postby FlarePhoenix » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:47 am

So one of my favorite reality/science show is back. New hosts and new myths to bust. Goes to show nothing tv won't scrape to get something to show with.

Honestly I hope it does not fail, cause "failure is always an option" but never wanted.

FlarePhoenix 8

Re: They will reboot anything, new mythbusters season (20)

Postby TheTechDoc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:28 am

I mean, they are remaking jumunji, nothing shocks me anymore

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4
TheTechDoc 7

Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby Sabkahn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

A lot of Remakes are done for Copyright reasons. In some countries a copyright can last as little as 25 years from first publication, i.e. Jumanji as a 1995 is getting close to that. The Copyright get´s renewed when the current copyright holder does something with the IP. In such cases the copyright holder might not even care if the new product turns out make a profit or not since they are really only interested in keeping the copyright all around the world in the first place.

Sabkahn 4

Postby 607jf » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

The sad thing is mostly the older version is better. i was also a fan of mythbusters and watched the gameshow thing, didn't like anybody on it. if you want more just watch tested imao.

607jf 4

Postby MisterXiado » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:37 pm

To be fair, it takes quite a bit of intelligence to come up with new and different concepts, as well as stories that aren't wholly derivative of some other story. Now someone can chime in about muh every story is is composed of the same few literary archetypes to excuse blatant plagiarism and the dire lack of compelling new works.

The Homepage of the Oldternet - Where it's always 1992 (or so).
MisterXiado 3

Postby FreePlayFlorida » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:08 pm

I actually enjoyed the search for new hosts, although do think they should have had a female as part of the team, to make it more accessible to all, but think the ones that won were good, and got the new season queued up to watch, yes they wont be adam and jamie, but will give it a chance for sure, might be a rehash of the old format, but hey if it aint broke why fix it? :D

Current Collection : Nintendo - NES Classic, SNES Classic, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Sega - Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sony - PS1, PS2 (Phat with HD & Slim), PS3, PS4, Xbox - (Mountain Dew edition/Crystal/Regular with Coinops), 360, 360 JTAG, Xbox One. Handhelds : GB, GBC, GBA, GBA Micro, GBA Slim, DS Phat, DS Slim, DS XL, 2DS, 3DS NXL, PSP, PS Vita OLED, PS Vita Slim, PSTV, Sega Game Gear, Dingoo & Sega Universal Arcade Cab, L&B Arcade Cab, VertPie Arcade, Pi3 Setup with 50" Plasma.
FreePlayFlorida 3

Postby mmxii » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:44 pm

They kind of need to remake Mythbusters.

A lot of people believe a lot of incredibly stupid shit thats verifiable so, yeah, this needs to exist.

mmxii 4

Custom Title: Sgt. Moron

Postby scorpNZ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:56 pm

A reboot is needed.Now we'll get to find out if so called man made global warming is real & finally goop will be proved to be bs & finally buried along with paltrow.Oh yeah ! not forgetting jfk & if there was actually a 2nd shooter along with is there really a flag on the moon.

scorpNZ 5

Postby shiva2004 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:13 pm

Sabkahn wrote:A lot of Remakes are done for Copyright reasons. In some countries a copyright can last as little as 25 years from first publication, i.e. Jumanji as a 1995 is getting close to that. The Copyright get´s renewed when the current copyright holder does something with the IP. In such cases the copyright holder might not even care if the new product turns out make a profit or not since they are really only interested in keeping the copyright all around the world in the first place.

The latest Fantastic Four movie was made more or less for that reason. The agreement with Marvel ends if 20th Century Fox don't use the license in 'x' time so they put up a crappy soulless movie just to keep the license.

shiva2004 2

Postby Silverfrost208 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 pm

I was shocked to see a new season of mythbusters at work. Especially fear factor.

Consoles I own:
SNES
Sega Genesis
PS1
Gameboy Color & Advance SP
Nintendo Gamecube
PlayStation 2 (SCPH-50001 With Free Mcboot 1.95)
Xbox (Softmodded)
Nintendo DS Original, Lite, DSi, & DSi XL
Wii (Softmodded)
Xbox 360
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast
Wii U
PlayStation 3 (Slim & Super Slim)
Nintendo 64
Nintendo 3DS XL (Pokemon XY Blue Limited Edition System)
Xbox One
Playstation 4 Pro
Nintendo Switch
Silverfrost208 4

Postby FlarePhoenix » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 am

Well I watched the first two episodes and result is... I liked it. Wish they elaborate the sciency stuff more on the results more, but the older later episodes also did this. Granted I'm sure more people rather see more of "rocket sword" than know why the head won't stay in place when when sliced *cough Newton second law *cough friction *cough.

FreePlayFlorida wrote:although do think they should have had a female as part of the team,

Ah, but they did...well sorta, bo the mythdog is female....cause who doesn't like seeing animals in shows *wink *wink

FlarePhoenix 8

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:51 am

We got Mythbusters late in the UK, usually buried deep on some fairly obscure Freeview channel.
Always worth watching particularly when they were shooting, blowing stuff up or disproving action film myths. A great mix of interesting, real science and popular culture. Love to see it here again in new form or not.

The one I always remember was the Saving Private Ryan opening scene where rounds were shown whizzing through the water killing as you would think they might. This has been used in films and video games hundreds of times since.

Problem is that Mythbusters showed that even a .50 calibre round fired from a few feet away
would not only lose most of its energy in the first three feet of water but the bullet itself would break up as well. Its probably on YT somewhere.

It is:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1uaLWAZXfk

HisDivineShadow 9

Return to General Chat