Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Legend of Dragoon, copy protection wont boot

Discuss Everything Related to the PlayStation 1 Here!

Legend of Dragoon, copy protection wont boot

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:45 am

Dick Slapperman here again,

So I backed up legend of dragoon all 4 discs and then I applied an undub patch. And played in epsxe fine. But now when I burned the disc 1, it will not load. I am using a ps2 with breaker pro / ps-x-change to play. The disc spins up fast like ps2 cd speed and will never load.

So I read on the internet that this wanna be Final fantasy game is copy protected. I download the patch but guess what. It consists only of the SLUS file and no ppf patch.

Anyone know how I can go about applying this? I would rather not alter the structure of the entire disc image. thanks!

Edited,
Okay noob mistake I guess? It seems you can apply the SLUS file with ppf-o-matic suprisingly. You just select all files and then the SLUS file. Now I have to test it to see if it actually works... good thing I made a backup of disc 1

Edited,
Well It wont boot in epsxe but the pal / ntsc selection screen comes up so maybe I will just risk a coaster for the team

Edited,
Yeaaahh boi it worked I am giddy as a schoolgirl tee hee!

talk about uber haxxxor 1337 amirite?

Last edited by eugenerobinhood1 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged multiple posts.
Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Re: Legend of Dragoon, copy protection wont boot

Postby sasapinjic » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:03 pm

Dont know where you read that this game has protection, but it worked just fine on my chip modded PS1, all 4 discs burned straigh from ISO i download from TIZ without need to patch anything.

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby ryder4life » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 pm

sasapinjic wrote:Dont know where you read that this game has protection, but it worked just fine on my chip modded PS1, all 4 discs burned straigh from ISO i download from TIZ without need to patch anything.

i googled it and the game does have protection on it.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby FlarePhoenix » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:36 am

Dildo_Schwaggins wrote:Dick Slapperman here again,

So I read on the internet that this wanna be Final fantasy game is copy protected. I download the patch but guess what. It consists only of the SLUS file and no ppf patch.

ehem it was made by the Sony side team that did final fantasy VII

As for not loading, sometimes isos are corrupted when burning to disk and from, it happens. Also patching undubs do corrupt files when burning as well.....and there is a type of copy protection, but been eliminated and was found only from one region, I don't remember which. It could been fake info but I've never tried so.....
I

FlarePhoenix 9

Return to PSX Chat