Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Grandia proper undub

Discuss Everything Related to the PlayStation 1 Here!

Grandia proper undub

Postby vergil2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello,

there is an undub for the PS1 version of Grandia, but sadly its not a complete one. It has still english voices and other problems which needs a fix. There are 2 youtube videos from the original author which you can find here (the comment section could be useful):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the description of the second video the author is mentioning this: ''It seems that half of the spells and special abilities are in Japanese, while the other half are still in English''

In the comment section of the second video the author also wrote this:
''There are still three things wrong with this undub...
1. half of the special abilities in battle are still in English (fixable)
2. When Feena takes over the communication systems at J-Base and begins talking there are no subtitles (fixable)
3. After the credits there is a huge amount of talking done by Sue with no subtitles (I most likely can't do anything about this).''

I already talked with the original author, he doesnt have any intensions to work on this, thus releasing an complete undub (patch). So my question: Does anyone have interest in doing a complete undub of Grandia and release it as a patch file or know someone who might be interested in this ''project''? The reason why im asking should be obvious. Just in case its not clear, i cant do it, because i dont have any knowledge at all.

Im not demanding or expecting anything, but asking doesnt hurt. Maybe a miracle will happen...

Thanks for reading and sorry for my english.

- Edit ZX81v2 : Linked youtube vids into spoiler

vergil2012 Newbie

Re: Grandia proper undub

Postby FlarePhoenix » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:28 pm

There are some sites that lets you request undubs of games. BTW which version of the undub do you have?

FlarePhoenix 9

Postby vergil2012 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:28 pm

Which sites exactly? I posted this on several other sites as well...

What do you mean by ''which version''? I found the one which is not complete.

vergil2012 Newbie

Postby ZX81v2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:35 pm

... Right... Everytime you change something in a undub you make a revision of YOUR work.
ie Undub 0.1.1, 0.1.2 etc...
This way you can keep track of which versions people are using...

Testing requires LOTS of revisions of the game as it need to be rebuilt every change...
This is not a fun job on PS2....

So depending on were the release you have was "Released" depends on it's version/revision.
However, this ain't the way it always works... Sometimes you have to break files down to creation dates and compare time stamps

ZX81v2 13

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby vergil2012 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:19 pm

I guess its the ''latest'' and not finished version (dont know which version number). This was released prepatched already from the original author.

vergil2012 Newbie

Postby Hiro-sama » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:15 pm

It's funny how someone who only posted a few videos on youtube gets credit for my work. Yes I admit my Undub was not perfect, but that doesn't mean you have to thank some other guy, right? The original thread of my work resides here:
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2756826
I am actually thinking of giving this another attempt. Maybe this time I'll succeed at making a full Undub. But no promises.

Hiro-sama Newbie

Postby vergil2012 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:34 pm

I thought you are ''coisman'' as well? Its not the case? With ''original author'' i was referring to ''Hiro-sama''.

vergil2012 Newbie

Return to PSX Chat