Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Complete (US) PS1 ReDUMP Collection Complete

Discuss Everything Related to the PlayStation 1 Here!

Complete (US) PS1 ReDUMP Collection Complete

Postby vga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:59 pm

What is ReDUMP.org?
http://www.redump.org is a disc preservation database and internet community dedicated to collecting precise and accurate information about every video game ever released on optical media of any system. The goal is to make blueprints of the data on console and PC game discs.

Simply put, their dumps are known for being some of the best content that is available.

Why am I starting this project?
Simply put, I have the collection, and others want it.
There have been numerous requests over the years to get the content here, so why not make it available on the finest retro gaming site the internet offers?

Why should I subscribe to this thread?
That's easy.
Because I will be tracking my upload progress here. As soon as new games are uploaded here, you will have the TIZ hyperlink to the game provided to you in this thread.

Are you taking requests?
Sure.... you want to see a game uploaded quicker, feel free to post your request here.
I will happily jump out of order, and upload your request next.
Otherwise I plan on starting by game title, and working my way through the list A-Z.

Just exactly how many games are we talking about here?
Games = 1474 to be exact.

The Redump project for the PSX collection actually contain "Other" rips as well, like PlayStation Magazine disk dumps, demp games, etc. I will be uploading ALL of the other content last.

The Other content contain another 256 disks.

Bringing the total # of disks in the collection to 1695 files.
The entire collection is slightly over 450GB!

What region are these games for?
I will be starting with the NTSC-U collection as that's where I am from, and that's the collection that I have. Once complete, if there is interest, I will move on the the Europe and Japanese collections.

This is cool, how can I help?
To be honest, I could use a ton of help with Box art, Screenshots, and game descriptions.
I will be focused on getting the games out there initially, so any help I can get to making them pretty would be much appreciated.

After all, we want them looking as attractive as we can.
All's I ask is that you not edit or change the descriptions I add, as I want them to all have a standard look and feel to them, so people know that they are getting a REDUMP game.

Whats an MD5 checksum?
All of our downloads have an MD5 checksum provided.
This is so you can verify what you download from here is what we uploaded here.

Before we upload the titles here, we run software against the files, and an MD5 is generated.
Once you download the title, you can run the file through an MD5 software application and the value generated should be the same as the value we provided.

If the values match, the file is clean and you know that you did in fact get a 100% clean copy of what we uploaded.

If the values do not match, you should try downloading the file again, and test the MD5 value again. If they still do not match, then we need to be made aware of it, as there was more than likely and error in the uploading process.

If you do not have software for verifying MD5 Checksums we recommend using this one:
http://download.cnet.com/MD5-SHA-Checks ... 11445.html

Some games have multiple versions. What are the differences?
Redump.org set out to digitally preserve ALL video games that were released on optical media.
When they say ALL, they mean ALL. This means if a game had any corrections or bug fixes introduced in a future release, such as in the "Greatest Hits" re-release, they would have dumped the original and the re-release.

Often the changes are minor and not noticeable.
Unless you are trying to grab the ENTIRE COLLECTION, there is no need to download multiple versions of the same game. Often downloading the most current release is good enough.

How are these games packaged.
For games that contain 3 or less game cd's each part is a cd.
Part1 = Game CD 1, Part2 = Game CD 2, and Part3 = Game CD 3.

For games that contain more than 3 game cd's, we packaged all of the game cd's into a single zip package that will split into 2 parts. For these games, you will need to download both parts before the cd's will extract.

Here is an image to help you understand how they were packaged.

Last edited by vga on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 121 times in total.
vga 13

Custom Title: The (V)ideo (G)ame (A)uthority

Re: Complete (US) PS1 ReDUMP collection being uploaded.

Postby amd655 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:02 pm

++++REP if i could...

PC: 5930K+R9 390 8GB crossfire Display Port
PS3 Fat CECHJ03 65nm 320GB OFW 4.76 DVI
PS2 SLIM SCPH-70003 FMCB Component
SEGA Dreamcast HKT-3030 S-Video
N64 NUS-001 Composite
XBOX V1.0 Xecuter TSOP 160GB Component
XBOX V 1.0 Xecuter 2.6CE chip 750GB
amd655 6

Postby xcursion666 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:22 pm

cool im glad we have people here like you who have the time to upload this stuff
:) :D 8-)

[Guide] The PSP Emulators Bible!
a complete guide to emulators and emulation on the psp
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8026

PSP RPGS that im currently playing
Spoiler:

xcursion666 9

Custom Title: Classic anime fan

Postby bobdole » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:32 pm

Holy Scrollwheel usage, batman!!!

:lol: I have access to such things, but... I also have a 150GB a month cap on my internet usage, or I'd be uploading left and right :|

Thanks for lettin us know ;)

Successfully traded with Urkman1 10/10
Successfully traded with Dashey10 10/10
Successfully traded with Jebbreh 10/10

bobdole 6

Custom Title: Gallooffamaburger

Postby darkweezil » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Jebus H!

Thats alot of games!
Much appreciated :)

View My Understanding Electronics Thread
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=46099

View My Reflow/Reball Guide
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=51206

Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
darkweezil 13

Custom Title: Back from hell

Postby ZX81v2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:00 pm

@vga - Good Luck ! :)

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby Eggplantus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Thank you for this amazing service vga! Your upload Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (REDUMP) was fantastic.

Will you be uploading all these games as .bin/.cue?

Here are my requests vga: [requests fulfilled by vga]

Last edited by Eggplantus on Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eggplantus Newbie

Postby vga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Eggplantus wrote:Thank you for this amazing service vga! Your upload Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions (REDUMP) was fantastic.

Will you be uploading all these games as .bin/.cue?

Yes, these are all .bin/.cue as that is how REDUMP packaged their PS1 releases.

I will start in on your requests now.
As soon as all of them are uploaded, please edit your post to remove the requests from your post so that we can keep this thread as clean as possible.

Also, if you need to make additional requests later, please EDIT your original post to re-add them.
No since in making this thread any longer than it's already going to be.

vga 13

Postby bobdole » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 pm

wait a tick; when I downloaded some of these from "another site", they had multiple bin files...

Like in the 7z, it would be something like:

"megaman legends.cue"
"megaman legends (cd1).bin"
"megaman legends (cd2).bin"

...I tried burning the images to a disc, and the ps1 wouldnt read it :?

Also: some emulators wont read these ... Personally i edit the cue to list just the main binary file (read: biggest Bin file lol), but that's obviouslty notthe right way... is there a proper method or something?

bobdole 6

Postby vga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm

bobdole wrote:wait a tick; when I downloaded some of these from "another site", they had multiple bin files...

"megaman legends.cue"

Also: some emulators wont read these ... Personally i edit the cue to list just the main binary file (read: biggest Bin file lol), but that's obviouslty notthe right way... is there a proper method or something?

Sorry... I meant 1 Disc = 1 .7z file.
No .7z or .rar files to split or join back together before extracting.
the only time a game would require multiple downloads here is when the game released with multiple discs.

Once extracted, some of the games do have multiple files.
Selecting the .cue file sheet from imgburn and burning the game to disk should get you an EXACT COPY of the original media that it was dumped from.

I use these images on chipped PS1 consoles and they yield extremely high results.
I've not tested them with emulators, but would be happy to add the info to ANY game file description provided someone game me the info.

In all of the PSX scene's I've ran in, the REDUMP versions of the disc images are the ones that are most requested.

This will take me a while, but once the PS1 games are complete, I plan on getting the Sega Saturn, and the Gamecube collections uploaded as well. ;)

vga 13

Postby bobdole » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Sweet, thanks for the reply! wasn't knocking you or redump, just wondering ;)

I may indeed of burnt em incorrectly, I was in a rush lol, and all that.

bobdole 6

Postby lightcycle » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:42 pm

wow.mammoth task.good luck.

a mans got to know his limitations...dirty harry 1973.

traded successfully with
WhizzBang , daviboy123 , ChunLiGloss
XabisMission , thenintendofreak , daviboy123
ChunLiGloss , PUNKDADDY78 , ChunLiGloss
PUNKDADDY78 , catch_2030 , daviboy123
daviboy123 , PUNKDADDY78 , TimeKiller
mixghs

lightcycle 9

Custom Title: rockabilly bastard

Postby krisk77 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:58 pm

vga wrote:
bobdole wrote:wait a tick; when I downloaded some of these from "another site", they had multiple bin files...

"megaman legends.cue"

the only time a game would require multiple downloads here is when the game released with multiple discs.

Selecting the .cue file sheet from imgburn and burning the game to disk should get you an EXACT COPY of the original media that it was dumped from.

I use these images on chipped PS1 consoles and they yield extremely high results.
I've not tested them with emulators, but would be happy to add the info to ANY game file description provided someone game me the info.

In all of the PSX scene's I've ran in, the REDUMP versions of the disc images are the ones that are most requested.

This will take me a while, but once the PS1 games are complete, I plan on getting the Sega Saturn, and the Gamecube collections uploaded as well. ;)

Very much appreciated for this, yet just like to ask. Is this getting upped individual for each title? or as one complete package split up? As I noticed a few linked already in your 1st post or is that just requests. I ask because it would take ages to get them individually for every title and be easier to grab in parts.

I just found a torrent for this, but its seeds are crap and would take ages on my connection. Its split into 5 parts averaging around 90GB for each part.

[link blocked] and Megaups are dead and they were an excellent source for this and many other full dumps. Thanks again for this and look forward to other releases and would like to help if I could.

krisk77 5

Postby Am4zingGam3r » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks for working on this!

Owned Consoles:
Spoiler:
Odyssey, Odyssey^2, Videopac, Channel F, Sega Genesis models 1-3, Famicom Models 1 & 2, NES, SNES, SNES Jr., 32x, MegaDrive 1 & 2, Net Yaroze, PS1, PS2, PSP 1000, 2000, 3000, & GO,NUON, Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, ZX Spectrum, X68000,various Famiclones, Super Famicom, Sega CD, CDX, and Mega CD, Dreamcast, Saturn, Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Light, GBA, GBA SP, Xbox, Xbox 360 Elite, GameCube, Wii, Wii Mini, Wii U, Bandai Pippin, Bandai Playdia,Studio II, Nintendo 64 w/ DD, Dr. V64, Dragon 32, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, Amiga CD32, & others.
Am4zingGam3r 3

Custom Title: Console Collecting Fiend

Postby UnholyArceus » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:27 pm

if i could delete this post i would. thanks again VGA. i did not want to double post to let you know i was waiting for those games.

Last edited by UnholyArceus on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

this is what needs to happen to gamestop.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: i'm getting mugged by gamestop.

Postby vga » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:34 pm

krisk77 wrote:
vga wrote:

"megaman legends.cue"

Very much appreciated for this, yet just like to ask. Is this getting upped individual for each title? or as one complete package split up? As I noticed a few linked already in your 1st post or is that just requests. I ask because it would take ages to get them individually for every title and be easier to grab in parts.

I just found a torrent for this, but its seeds are crap and would take ages on my connection. Its split into 5 parts averaging around 90GB for each part.

[link blocked] and Megaups are dead and they were an excellent source for this and many other full dumps. Thanks again for this and look forward to other releases and would like to help if I could.

This site has always been setup for games to be uploaded and downloaded individually.
The site has pretty specific regulations on uploads that all but guarantee that a large 90gb package, as you suggested, could not be uploaded.

It's been stated before, but if you are looking to download full collection of roms, this site is not for you. As you stated, torrents are a much quicker outlet to downloading massive amounts of titles with a single click.

Yes, this will take a while to complete, but the goal of the project is to get good rips of every US PS1 game here... and that will require that I upload them one at a time.

All other titles we have here were uploaded here one at a time, so it is possible.

The only place were "packs" are supported here are in the older smaller rom sets. (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc....)

Thanks for asking though.

vga 13

Postby LameandwarchX » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Could we get street fighter ex and ex2 up please?

Keep it up vga!

:mrgreen:

LameandwarchX 4

Custom Title: →↓↘ + P Masher of DP

Postby Gyverxx » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:14 pm

awsome ! Thanks

Gyverxx 2

Postby PlayDoh003 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Wow, much Kudos to you, vga! Good luck on completing the upload goal...

EDIT: Request fulfilled - Thanks, vga!!! :D

Last edited by PlayDoh003 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayDoh003 5

Postby Shadow_StarLust » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:54 pm

Wow. Kinda pointless to download any other persons ps1 dumps now lol and fml...

[My request]
All the rpgs so you can knock out the larger files.

If not, then. guardians crusade.

Awesome work vga.

Shadow_StarLust 9

Custom Title: Goth child. TIZ's Original Shadow..

Next

Return to PSX Chat