Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Portable genesis player with sd slot.

Portable genesis player with sd slot.

Postby mutantchipmunk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 am

Made another trip to the dollar store and saw this. It was $40 in store and online too. Im contemplating if should pick one up since i have a modded psp and a dstwo card. But it can apparently play megadrive roms in .bin format (need to convert smd to bin) on the sd and has a tv out function. It can charge via usb if you have rechargable AAA's.
http://www.dollargeneral.com/product/in ... agpspn=pla

mutantchipmunk 6

Custom Title: when did 2 player turn to co-op?

Re: Portable genesis player with sd slot.

Postby Coraje187 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 am

Looks ok, I use the PSP or my PS2 but this is a cool little gadget. I just wonder how it feels when holding it, hope its not built to cheap but it is only 40.00. Keep us updated if you get it. :D

Coraje187 4

Postby Vevil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 am

Looks cool... ;)

Vevil 13

Custom Title: The best retro site...IsoZone.

Postby Krehator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:30 am

It looks like another version of the Genesis Firecore Gopher. It is also made by ATGAMES, so it probably is the same thing. Mine only came with 20 games built-in. It looks as if the only difference here is color and you get 80 games built-in.

I have the Firecore and love it. The games run very well, and it has TV output. It is also comfortable to hold and play. Battery time is so so. It charges via mini-usb.

I paid about the same price over a year ago, and think it was well worth it.

It does play megadrive games. It also plays the EA games I have tried, like NHL 98.

-=[Krehator]=-

Hacked/Jailbroken Systems: XBOX360, XBOX1, PS3, PS2, PSX, PSP, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn, IPhone 3Gs, IPad1, Gamecube, NDS, and multiple Android Tablets.

Collection Includes: Atari2600, Genesis, NDS, SNES, Gamegear, Atari400, C64, Atari ST, TI-99, TRS-80, Firecore Gopher, N64, Tandyvision, GBA, GBC, Letcool
Krehator 3

Custom Title: Keeper of the Holy Hand Grenade

Postby mutantchipmunk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 am

Krehator wrote:It looks like another version of the Genesis Firecore Gopher. It is also made by ATGAMES, so it probably is the same thing. Mine only came with 20 games built-in. It looks as if the only difference here is color and you get 80 games built-in.

I have the Firecore and love it. The games run very well, and it has TV output. It is also comfortable to hold and play. Battery time is so so. It charges via mini-usb.

I paid about the same price over a year ago, and think it was well worth it.

It does play megadrive games. It also plays the EA games I have tried, like NHL 98.

Have you tried converting sms/gg roms to .bin so see if they play?

mutantchipmunk 6

Postby Krehator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:59 am

No. I should though, now that you mention it. However, SMS and GG are typically not compatible with Genesis playing systems. Different.

Gonna try it right now. Be back.....

Nope. Tried a few games but they do not run.

-=[Krehator]=-

Hacked/Jailbroken Systems: XBOX360, XBOX1, PS3, PS2, PSX, PSP, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn, IPhone 3Gs, IPad1, Gamecube, NDS, and multiple Android Tablets.

Collection Includes: Atari2600, Genesis, NDS, SNES, Gamegear, Atari400, C64, Atari ST, TI-99, TRS-80, Firecore Gopher, N64, Tandyvision, GBA, GBC, Letcool
Krehator 3

Postby sliponkorn » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 am

ahhhh.... F'in love it. not bad of a price too. so i can hook this up to my tv via video or hdmi ??

ZERO 2 HeRo
sliponkorn 3

Custom Title: "TiZ BUSTER power up GAINED!" ~Charging~

Postby Krehator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 am

Mine hooks up with RCA. Not stereo though! You get a yellow video and white sound. The other end is 3.5mm that goes into the unit.

You will probably need an extension too because the cable is only about 4 feet long.

Last edited by Krehator on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
-=[Krehator]=-

Krehator 3

Postby amiga1200 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 am

sliponkorn wrote:ahhhh.... F'in love it. not bad of a price too. so i can hook this up to my tv via video or hdmi ??
^^ if they're like the versions we have in the UK...CVBS ONLY (composite video TV yes) HDMI? NO, NO CHANCE!
bear in mind the audio is MONAURAL (1ch) and is carried through the same socket as the video..(3.5mm headphone jack 1x Y "V", 1x W "L" phono plug on the lead to TV) :mrgreen:
i'll be waiting my turn unless they do a Y.Pb.Pr./RGB stereo version....doubt it but you never know... :D :mrgreen:

Last edited by amiga1200 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
dc HKT-3020 r.0 LTD EDIT, atreyu187 3D bios vmu spoof. ps2 SCPH-30003 R jinn fmcb v1.8c, vash32 fhdb a4. ps3 chunky PS3ITA v3.55. xbx SPPV sid v5.11 unleashx. wii bannerbomb v4.2 HBC, wode optical spoof. psp 1000 5.50 GEN-D3. nds NTR-001, M3DSreal, TTDS, R4 mcsd spoof. gba-sp AGS-001, gba AGB-001, supercard sd spoof. n64 NUS-001-UKV-1, 4m expanded (still waiting for my ED). 360j RGH coolrunner (FSD vx.x? i'm rotting away here..brb!)
CBM...LEADING BY EXAMPLE! Image Image
amiga1200 13

Location: AMIGA ROM Operating System and Libraries 1985-1993 Commodore, Inc.
Custom Title: XMAS is good for keeping SHEEPLE distracted!

Postby Krehator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am

Although, honestly, I would just go get a LetCool from Chinavision. Only $36 and plays other formats as well (Gen/SNES/NES), plus video player support. Additionally you get two mini controllers to play multiplayer. Only downside is the SNES playback is laggy. For some reason Genesis always emulates better on these things.

-=[Krehator]=-

Krehator 3

Postby mutantchipmunk » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:34 am

Krehator wrote:Although, honestly, I would just go get a LetCool from Chinavision. Only $36 and plays other formats as well (Gen/SNES/NES), plus video player support. Additionally you get two mini controllers to play multiplayer. Only downside is the SNES playback is laggy. For some reason Genesis always emulates better on these things.

wow thats a good deal, and since it has a generic china processor alot of stuff can be ported to play on it like homebrew for the jxd1000/2000. gba looks to run smooth on it too from what i saw on youtube.

mutantchipmunk 6

Postby Krehator » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:35 am

mutantchipmunk wrote:
Krehator wrote:Although, honestly, I would just go get a LetCool from Chinavision. Only $36 and plays other formats as well (Gen/SNES/NES), plus video player support. Additionally you get two mini controllers to play multiplayer. Only downside is the SNES playback is laggy. For some reason Genesis always emulates better on these things.

wow thats a good deal, and since it has a generic china processor alot of stuff can be ported to play on it like homebrew for the jxd1000/2000. gba looks to run smooth on it too from what i saw on youtube.

Not much homebrew made for it so far. I got a PC Engine emulator for it, but that is about it. Also, the Genesis emulation is good, but there is a bug with buttons. It has only 4 buttons, and the shoulder buttons do nothing in genesis games. So any game needing all 6 kind of sucks. I suspect new firmware will fix the issue eventually.

If you want something that can play GBA/NES/SNES/Genesis with some issues on the SNES and Genesis side, it's good. However if you just want a Genesis system with excellent support and performance only for genesis, the ATGAMES system is the better option.

I mainly use the Letcool as a handheld NES and GBA. I still stick with the Firecore for Genesis.

-=[Krehator]=-

Krehator 3

Postby Humanfly138 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

They are kinda cool if you can get 'em cheap. but I'm sure somebody's already said it.... the PSP is best value for Megadrive emulation. Still I wouldn't say no to one of those. Six button layout! NIce find!

Megaman Wiley Wars is a rare treat to have built in!

One thing I know about those is that you have to be careful with the battery cover.... they thread or snap quite easilly

Super FX xhips in SNES Games.... I believe emulating them is like making an emulator to run each game.

Last edited by Humanfly138 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humanfly138 13

Custom Title: From beside the seaside

Return to Mega Drive / Genesis