Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

Freelancer Test Server PC

Share your Gamertags or organise an online gaming event here

Freelancer Test Server PC

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:22 am

Freelancer is a open space simulation game where you fly space ships equipped with laser cannons, mines, missiles, torpedoes, live out everyones future scifi fantasy about taking on the harshness of space while everyone else is out to survive as well. Players can explore for hours and hours unlocking all the secrets of this game while at the same time being hunted by friends or foes. You can join up in parties and hunt as a pack or try your luck trying to smuggle illegal items across the galaxy for that massive payday, all the time being chased and shot at by people that want to take what is yours.

Getting started:
[color=#FF0000]The install directions have been changed so please read

Download and install game clean with none of the provided patches and .exe's Just the ISO.
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... reelancer/
If you do not have Framework 4.0 installed already then install it now, or even try to install it just to be safe These are required files
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=17718

Now that you have Freelancer 1.0 and Framework 4.0 Installed you can now download the Discovery Freelancer Mod
http://files.1337upload.net/discovery_4.88.1-a04b20.exe
The CD/ISO must be present to install
After installing the game you will see 2 icons on the desktop
Freelancer
Discovery Freelancer

Delete Freelancer this shortcut leads to the stock game and will just crash if you try to run it.

Start the launcher (Discovery Freelancer) then you will get a small loader screen running a few checks then a new window will pop up, (ignore the account messages) Click OK then let it update then the [Launch Game] button.

After a few seconds you will see a helmet icon on the taskbar, its the EULA for the game but it loads behind the splash screen for the launcher so you may need to move the window out of the way to accept the agreement then you should be greeted with a screen that displays a User ID SAVE IT you will need this ID to gain back your account on my server if you reinstall.

Find "Curbsides Revenge" server (This will nto work untill my server is added to the master server)
Passwords 420[/color]

Bases - There are lots and lots of bases and ships you can dock with I recommend docking as much as possible until you have mapped all bases and ships. They provide the following.

Re spawn points - dock every time you enter a new system so if you die you don't have to backtrack.

Bar/Missions - You can take on gun for hire missions in the bars, these missions mainly consist of hunting down a number of ships and killing them for a bounty.

Weapons - Each dock point has a different selection of weapons, some will not be able to be purchased until you do missions for that base (earn rep).

Ships - Each base may or may not have a better ship you may purchase.

Repairs - Docking will allow repairs to your ship as soon as you land.

Ammo - You can refill your missiles and countermeasures.

Commodities - each time you dock you will get a updated entry added to your trade routes, these entries provide price lists. This game has a very robust trade system that can allow a player to purchase a cargo ship and carry goods from base to base to earn money, each time you dock to a base or ship a price entry is added these can be used to determine what places sell goods for the lowest price and ones that buy them for a higher price (buy low sell high)

Ship Controls

Spacebar - Used to lock and unlock auto pilot and right your spacecraft.

Mouse - Left clicking fires your weapons. Right click selects target.

TAB - Fires boosters, they will run out after prolonged use and will need to recharge themselves.

Shift + W This key combination engages cruise speed, this allows you to get out of places quickly with no draw on your engines, however your engines can be disrupted by (cruise disruptor missiles)

Arrow Keys - These keys will control your forward/backwards and left/right thrusters.

F1 - Opens the options menu.
F2 - Instructs ship to travel to highlighted target when auto pilot (spacebar) is engaged.
F3 - Docks with highlighted target if it's within range when auto pilot (spacebar) is engaged.
F4 - Join Formation, this option allows you to target a neutral ship and lock on and fly in formation when auto pilot (spacebar) is engaged.

Buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 - Control your weapon systems, pressing any one of these buttons will fire your guns/mines/missiles. Note that by clicking on the weapons status/inventory in the lower right if you highlight a weapon in green it will fire each time you click fire... this can waste missiles if you're not careful.

F - Nanobots, these little guys are used to provide emergency repairs to your hull while in space after your shields have been depleted.

G - Batteries, These are used to recharge your shields instantly if they are recovering to slow in a fight.

B - Tractor beam, This is used to collect items dropped by destroyed ships such as weapons, cargo and can also be used to mine items when you destroy space rocks.

Navigation:

You are able to use the map system to plot courses in the form of pink checkpoints by right clicking the map in any system and setting a way point "set best path" this will help you chart unknown systems warp gates.

Trade Lanes - Trade lanes are small corridors that allow you to quickly travel around the system by docking with them.

Jump Gates - Jump gates are massive worm holes that load you between the different solar systems.

Stable Wormholes - Throughout the systems there are hidden wormholes they appear as red sparkling formations in various places, they can lead to systems that are many jump gates away or hard to find solar systems.

Things to watch out for - You can be killed!! Players can kill you, pirates can kill you, radiation can kill you, flying into the sun can kill you.... If you die you drop all your goods in the cargo bay, depending on if you're dogfighting you can even lose parts of your ships.. weapons, wings, hull. People will kill you to claim your cargo or even for fun .... Anything goes here.

Free memory card exploit service PS2/Xbox U.S. Only

Simple questions answered here
If you need to ask a question search the forums first here

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

Follow me on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/CurbsideRX
CurbsidePharmacist 13

Custom Title: Admin #2

Re: Freelancer Test Server PC

Postby dcGirl » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:27 am

"live out everyones future scifi fantasy about blowing curb up! "

:lol: :lol:

Successful Trades & Buys:
Spoiler:
Grandgroove
ElektroDog
Dexterp
froggydarren
Hedgeyourbets
shambles1980
sinsic30
Tiger-Kai
dcGirl 13

Location: Somewhere out there...Rolling around in my games :P
Custom Title: Just a gal who Loves videogames...

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:31 am

For the first few days I will allow users that want to play a 1,000,000 credit to get you started since the games pretty hard to make money on unless you have all the locations mapped and decent ships and weapons. Please only make one character per account, after 2 or 3 days all accounts will have all but one character removed to ensure that people are not hoarding money.

This server is 100% stock and has no mods enabled, I don't mind if you use different skins for the ships as long as any mods being used are not hacks used for cheating, users found to be cheating will be IP banned and you account ID number will also be blocked. (the game will kick you by itself)

There are maps online that show locations of hidden places and items so feel free to try and get the upper hand by getting an early start, some abandoned ships that give nice items only spawn once a day.

This will be an ongoing project of mine I plan to addon to this server and even allow people to own their own bases and maybe even custom solar systems. A place where some of you can hang out and plot the evil things you want to do to other users.

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby sasapinjic » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:42 pm

Download game from this site a year ago , bunch of servers to choose from , but i don't see yours , do i need some update ( i have 1.0 version ) ?

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:15 pm

sasapinjic wrote:Download game from this site a year ago , bunch of servers to choose from , but i don't see yours , do i need some update ( i have 1.0 version ) ?

No but if your having problems you can try a direct connect with
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\fldirectip.exe
Set it to connect to 50.82.89.171

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby dreamcast459 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:52 pm

i think i will have to try this game out can u play this game with a gampad or no

sucessfull trade with ware-wolf my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/4599kane/videos
MMO's that i play star trek online and shot online

systems i own
dreamcast
saturn chip modded
N64
sega game gear
orig-xbox
xbox360
dreamcast459 13

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:54 pm

dreamcast459 wrote:i think i will have to try this game out can u play this game with a gampad or no

Sadly not by default, you might be able to map it to a controller tho.

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby sasapinjic » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:44 pm

CurbsidePharmacist wrote:
sasapinjic wrote:Download game from this site a year ago , bunch of servers to choose from , but i don't see yours , do i need some update ( i have 1.0 version ) ?

No but if your having problems you can try a direct connect with
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\fldirectip.exe
Set it to connect to 50.82.89.171

i re-download and installed hole game again , but same thing happens again . As for fldirectip , it wont work properly for me , it don't even give me option to enter any digit .
Ah well , thanks for trying curb ! :P

sasapinjic 13

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:54 am

Sorry I've been pretty busy and spent about 2 days "all nighters" trying to get things running exactly how I wanted.

Ok so theres a few updates here.

1. The game was running Freelancer 1.0 AKA vanilla, it has now been updated to (Discovery Freelancer 88.1)

2. After the game was updated last they changed the way the game clients talk to the global index server, now all servers require a static IP or a Ddns host. I'm currently waiting for my server to be added to the master list so it will show up.

3. The file and install requirements have been changed see above I'm about to update them.

You guys are going to love this mod setup they expanded the game added another 100 or so solar systems, ships, guns and TONS of other content.

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:13 am

BTW, the way this install is setup there should be plenty of servers popping up in your lists now.

This mod is supposed to be able to connect to any version of it self all the way down to 1.0 with working server lists.

I will update/clean this topic ASAP when I get my account approved over at Discovery so I can post to have it added.

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 pm

Servers up and confirmed working.

Add this argument to the "optional" section on the launcher on the Parameters tab
-s50.82.93.2:2302
server.jpg

This will force a connection to my server.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby sasapinjic » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:07 am

Arrr , there be space pirates here !

sasapinjic 13

Postby sasapinjic » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:00 pm

click on gate and select dock on for quick ride , clik on station/big ship and dock to dock , click on person to talk to them , but fuck talk , trade , jobs offers or similar things , cause we have lots of money just go to ship dealer , buy most powerful one , equip it with heavy weapons and equipment then launch and go to plunder , arrrr ! :lol:

sasapinjic 13

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Server IP updated
Add this argument to the "optional" section on the launcher on the Parameters tab
-s50.82.93.2:2302

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

CurbsidePharmacist 13

Postby damotheking » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:26 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: thanks

Spoiler:

damotheking 8

Postby hawkty27 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:49 pm

They should make more space flight games.

hawkty27 Newbie

Postby pirate_tar » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:39 am

YUK YUK That's All Folks !

pirate_tar 6

Postby Sarik » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:09 am

Oh man I so want to try this. Freelancer, was Star Citizen of its day.

Sarik Newbie

Postby sasapinjic » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:03 am

Sarik wrote:Oh man I so want to try this. Freelancer, was Star Citizen of its day.

I play this game on official Discovery Freelancer RP 24-7 server almost every day , any new player PM here for tutorial and start up help ! ;)

sasapinjic 13

Postby crackerboy58 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:11 pm

ok i added, -s50.82.93.2:2302 to the opptional arguments. What is your server name, because if its curbside, its not on the list =(

crackerboy58 Newbie

Next

Return to Online Play