Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Two XBE's using the same UDATA

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Two XBE's using the same UDATA

Postby jhark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:16 am

I think this is my problem on my menu I have Capcom III emulator. On the menu the icon displayed is ZSNES, when I check info for it, it says UDATA/0000000000. Well if I go to ZSNES and check info it also says UDATA/000000000 of course it loads last so it is the icon that gets stored.
Is there a way to modify Capcom's XBE to use another number. I put a default.tbn in the Capcom folder but It does nothing it still shows the ZSNES icon.

Thanks for any sugestions

-- Joe

jhark 2

Re: Two XBE's using the same UDATA

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 am

Which dashboard are you using?

XBMC caches thumbnails and will not show a new one if a cached one already exists.

From https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Thumb ... nail_Cache
Thumbnail Cache

XBMC will cache all Thumbnails to UserData\Thumbnails\ using the CRC of the path of the file or folder as a filename. That is the first location XBMC will generally look for a thumbnail for a given item.
In order for your custom thumbnail to show, you may have to delete the cached thumbnail.

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:56 pm

This is unfortunately completely normal with UnleashX.

A lot, and I mean a lot, of emulators and homebrew games use the default UDATA folder ID: 00000000 which means that whatever emu or game with an embedded or TitleImage.xbx/SaveImage icon was added to that folder it will be used for all other emus and games that do the same.

On my Xbox's the problem has always been the FuseX emu icon (I current have at least six other emus that are using it). Other icons have taken over in the past eg.if you install the Anod dash (an alternative to UnleashX - not recommended) that will take over too. I think it also changes some menu logos which remain in place even when you change back to UnleashX.

The way to stop this is simply introduce your own alternative icons to the folders in question. Make your own 256x256 <50KB icon and name it "icon.png" or "icon.jpg" and it will trump the default icon. It will show up in the item.xml as AltIcon.

By pure chance this is one I put together and just started using for Capcom III:-

CPS Icon D#5.jpg

With XBMC you can use exactly the same PNG/JPG just rename it to "default.tbn". As chaos_engr says you have to clear the existing XBMC thumbnails for the new ones to be cached and used from then on.

If you happen to use Avalaunch then, again, those same PNG/JPG icons can be used for that too but have to be renamed "avalaunch_icon.png" or "avalaunch_icon.jpg".

With Avalaunch and to a lesser extent UnleashX you must keep the total icon file size down or you will have problems.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HisDivineShadow 9

Postby jhark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Cool I will try the Icon, I don't use xbmc for a dash just unleashx with all the emuxtras preview video's and my custom skin.

Thanks

jhark 2

Return to Troubleshooting