Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

OG XBOX ERROR CODE 16 -SUPERFRO

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

OG XBOX ERROR CODE 16 -SUPERFRO

Postby EAZY718 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 pm

i futzed up my softmodded xbox trying to make xbmc my main dash. it can still run burned and official games, but my dash won't load for sh..t. even after using slayers and AID. i just get error 13 superfro. im guessing i have to place the rite dash files in the rite directory but idk where else. its a 120gb WD drive. i know it should be C:/ but still won't load the dash. but seeing as how it still runs burned games im assuming the xbe. files are conflicting. i know its something very small i'm over looking thats causimg me this hell. any ideas?

PS: splintercell ntsc exploit with sid5 installer after selecting checkpoint it goes to a black screen and stays there upwards to 35min or more with no progress. the power light is orange at this point

EAZY718 2

Re: OG XBOX ERROR CODE 16 -SUPERFRO

Postby irvgotti452 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Run slayers and install your dash on E or F drive partition. Then using slayers make that dash your boot dash and that should do it. In C: should be your original dash, a back up should be saved on your E: partition if you backed it up using SID. drag it over when you can ftp in the slayers menu.

I'm not a noob. So don't answer me like one.
irvgotti452 3

Custom Title: RDC Member

Postby TheTechDoc » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:12 pm

First off give hexen disc a try, Ive never had an issue fixing these kinds of problems with it,

If it still won't work , I would probably format the drive, if you've messed with C files to the point where not even hexen can fix it, it's probably best to just wipe it,

otherwise if that's not an option, in the hexen disc, open the file manager and try and delete/change/whatever the file or text etc that you put in that caused the issue.

Another option as well is to download the latest stock dashboard from here and using hexen discs FTP function, copy it into your C drive (click yes to overwrite anything that pops up) that may also fix the issue

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4 5.05 Jailbreak 1TB
TheTechDoc 8

Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby EAZY718 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:20 pm

im gonna try and see what works. no way to ftp. few years back i know i fixed this with slayers then AID. im just not putting the correct dash files where they should be.

EAZY718 2

Postby EAZY718 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:22 pm

i also have an xbmc junk disc 2015..... this disc boots it straight into unleash x with a vast amount of install options much like the AID disk.

EAZY718 2

Postby rawman024 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 pm

Not sure if its related or not but i messed up one softmod attempt, kept getting dash error (i forget which error code was given but looked it up and it was dashboard related). It turns out i didnt upgrade dash to live version before i ran the mod, the mod went fine no errors but when i tried to boot it up after i got the error. It would load games fine so i started the exploit again and got to point that it gave me an ip address for ftp i then ftp'd fresh c drive files from computer and overwrote all of c on xbox found here http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/tools/clean-c-and-e-files-for-xbox/ i then redid my softmod and it works perfectly now. If this doesnt pertain to you ignore it but if it does hope it helps.

My systems
Spoiler:
PC: amd-fx 8370 with 2 rx-480 radeon graphics cards
orig xbox softmodded with 2 tb hdd replaced clock capacitor with battery (built several for family members)
ps2 slim
2x ps2 phat with free hdboot 1 sata 1 pata (built several for family members)
ps1
ps1 hardmodded
original nes
rawman024 3

Postby scorpNZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:03 am

Best to leave unleash as the dash & run xbmc as an application.Unleash should have xbmc under applications,once you've placed it in whatever partition in the Apps folder or wherever your apps are pointed at

scorpNZ 6

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 am

EAZY718 wrote:i futzed up my softmodded xbox trying to make xbmc my main dash. it can still run burned and official games, but my dash won't load for sh..t. even after using slayers and AID. i just get error 13 superfro. im guessing i have to place the rite dash files in the rite directory but idk where else. its a 120gb WD drive. i know it should be C:/ but still won't load the dash. but seeing as how it still runs burned games im assuming the xbe. files are conflicting. i know its something very small i'm over looking thats causimg me this hell. any ideas?

PS: splintercell ntsc exploit with sid5 installer after selecting checkpoint it goes to a black screen and stays there upwards to 35min or more with no progress. the power light is orange at this point

Error 13 (message body) or 16 (Thread subject)

You sure this Xbox didn't already have a modchip installed or TSOP flashed. (A replacement dashboard may have never been installed; thus, the MS dash was loading on bootup.) Hardmod BIOS and softmod will conflict resulting in a BLACK screen while loading from DVD will continue to work.

Error 13 - boot an original Xbox Live enabled game (e.g., Halo 2), disconnect the Ethernet cable and attempt to go to Xbox Live for a multiplayer game. If the stock dashboard on the HDD is older than on the disc, the dashboard updater should start to install the newer ms dashboard.

kaos_engr 7

Postby EAZY718 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:53 am

i checked my dash its 5960...idk whats causing this. what should i look for on a hardmodded board to tell that its hard modded?

EAZY718 2

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:31 am

Has the case been opened before? Two stickers on the bottom of the case cover 2 of the 6 screws that hold the case together. (4 more under the rubber feet at the corners of the case.) If the screws are visible under the Xbox label and serial number label, the case has most likely been opened before. If opened, the reason's unknown until you look. Some people wanted to see what was inside and did nothing else. Others installed a modchip or soldered points to TSOP mod the console.

Several modchips have an LED that would light up - visible through the ventilation slots on the DVD end of the case. But, not all do. Open the case, if there's a device attached to the LPC Debug port on the motherboard located underneath the DVD drive its hardmodded.

Unmodded as seen here, no modchip connected.

TSOP mod is a bit harder to see the solder bridges at a couple spots to enable writing to the onboard flash EEPROM. Where to look depends on the Xbox version. Do you know which version you have?

If MS dashboard was running, you could look at the K version listed on the System Info scroller. The version number listed would be used to ID the BIOS as a stock or modded version.

Evox M8+ plus used the same version number as the latest stock BIOS - 1.00.5838.01. :( But, that's the BIOS found on a 1.6 Xbox that cannot be TSOP modded. A v1.0-1.5 with this version is modded - either modchip or TSOP flashed.

With a v1.6 Xbox with this BIOS version, you'd have to open the case to verify if a modchip was installed or not (stickers intact, most likely unmodded).

kaos_engr 7

Postby Berzerk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:25 am

Are you still able to FTP anything you could try FTPing files from another Modded Xbox to fix it. Also if you can not FTP check when you have the splinter Cell disk in and see if a generic IP address shows up if it does use that generic IP to FTP files to the Xbox. Did the same thing and fixed one that way.

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby scorpNZ » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:54 am

If it has a modchip or none you'll see it thru the vent slots,it's pretty hard to miss

scorpNZ 6

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:05 pm

If it has a modchip or is TSOP he should be able to cold boot any installer/rescue disc and the OP said it was softmod anyway.

The fact he can still play burned and official games' discs shows the softmod or whatever is still OK and its is just the dash that is actually damaged.

But as long as AID Lite or HeXEn were burned on DVD-R they should cold boot too, soft or hard modded. After spinning up HeXEn can take 20 - 40 seconds to load and AID 45 seconds or longer. They question is why aren't they?

The SC exploit Checkpoint not loading, freezing and going to a black screen is not uncommon, even with softmods. It could be what kaos_engr describes and his advice should be tried first.

The trouble is that if it is a softmod to fix it needs either FTP access or a file manager or, possibly, just the game save manager. However without a dash that's a bit of a problem.

I once deliberately 'updated' a softmodded Xbox via a game dashupdate.xbe just to see what would happen. I had some safety nets available though ie. I had the original softmodded HDD as backup. But I was still shocked to find that whilst the MS dash did boot that, like you, the SC exploit I had used and fresh ones proved useless. All resulted in either the Xbox freezing on a white or black screen or rebooting SC. No burned disc could be used as the thing was effectively returned to retail and so I couldn't get FTP access either.

What fixed it was deleting everything in the game save manager and using another exploitable game (007 AUF) with Rocky5's appropriate installer/exploit files instead. These were copied in from a compatible flash drive.

But if there is no dash working, even the MS, that solution isn't an option here and I think it may take a hot-swap to get access to the HDD contents if you can't get an installer disc to boot.

BTW the Slayers manual warns its is not meant to be used with softmods.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby EAZY718 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:19 pm

all the boot/recovery disc i have load fine..... it's me not getting it rite. i just i did a full restore upgraded hdd with slayers. it says evox and M$ were placed in C: apps in F: would anyone be able to do a small walk through of fixing it with slayers, AID or XBMC JUNK? ex: 1.load slayers 2.pick option 4a. etc..

EAZY718 2

Postby EAZY718 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:29 pm

fun fact number 1. if i load up AID and halfway through i eject it while still on the microsoft page, the console boots to unleashX. it looks like a blue version of M$ dash.

2. installed XBMC as an app using AID in the E: OR F: drive, either way when i use file explorer and i select XBMC's .xbe it loads. maybe someone can recomend a way to point to it or placed in the rite folder so XBMC loads on powerup.

PS: thanks for all the responses/help.

EAZY718 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Most of us here, I assume, thought you had no dash at all and that installer/rescue discs weren't working either. With that option still available it might be a fairly easy fix, particularly if we could see the current contents of the C:\ and E:\drives.

AID and HeXEn both are essentially modified UnleashX dashes and so have file managers in their menu options just like an UnleashX main dash. You should also have FTP available once either disc boots.

The blue 'dash' you mentioned seeing is probably still AID, you've just interrupted the skin loading. I suspect all the AID menu options are there and what you're seeing is just the default blue UnleashX dash launcher skin. That loads as a safety net with any UnleashX dash if the chosen skin is faulty or won't load for some other reason.

Cold boot the AID disc and wait until it launches properly. If it doesn't and a HeXEn disc is the same then it sounds as if there is some other problem. Not sure what at this stage.

But if you can get to the file manager of either, even via the method described, you should be able provide screenshots of what the contents of your C:\ and E:\drives currently look like. Also we need to know exactly where your XBMC main folder is located.

What it sounds like is that you have a working XBMC folder and working dash somewhere on E:\ or F:\ but whether it is on the root of either drive or in Apps isn't clear from what you've said.

If you were trying to swap to a XBMC main dash from UnleashX the method usually recommended is to install the XBMC folder, preferably in E:\Apps, and then create a shortcut XBE path pointing to its default.xbe in that location. The shortcut is then used to replace the existing main dash XBE.

But whatever you've done something has gone wrong, obviously, and, assuming it is a softmod, you're quite lucky its still intact. Something is working just not launching the dash's GUI. Could it be you very mistakenly replaced your existing (UnleashX) main dash XBE with XBMC's default.xbe or something like that? Not really important but it would be an explanation.

BTW was the Xbox softmodded with SID/AID? If so when/what version if known?

TBH, sorting this problem out may be more hassle than its worth. Assuming discs do boot OK, it might well be quicker, safer and therefore better to use Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool Set to replace/update the whole softmod and install XBMC as part of the process.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby EAZY718 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:00 am

Good news to all who tried to help. i got it fixed with "hexen 2017".....after more failure via trial and error i tried the tsop option in hexen...and that did the trick. prior to that though i used slayers to wipe the upgraded/large hdd, then installed 5960 as main dash via slayers. popped in the hexen and did the tsop option available in hexen. so to those who might try to no avail to get there dash fixed, maybe your board was tsop if you did not do the softmod your self in order to know how it was softmodded.

PS: thanks to all those who responded to my prior post asking for help. there's a reason why i love the site, and thats one.

EAZY718 2

Return to Troubleshooting