Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

i have a problem with Second Sight Xbox game

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

i have a problem with Second Sight Xbox game

Postby projectgungrave » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 am

I have a problem with the game second sight pal, it comes in multi-languages ​​but I can not launch it in Spanish, it launches it in English, the game is pal and my console is NTSC, what can I do to force the language in Spanish?

projectgungrave Newbie

Re: i have a problem with Second Sight Xbox game

Postby Sabkahn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:14 am

Change your System Language to Spanish (if in doubt both in the MS-Dash and whatever you are using), a lot of games choose the language based on whatever is set in the consoles System and default to english if the game doesn´t support the system language. If you are already using Spanish I have no idea.

Sabkahn 5

Postby Badore90 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Being the game PAL, you can also try setting the Xbox to PAL (with Enigmah video mode switch) and obviously set the Spanish Language on the original Dashboard.

However there are some PAL games that seem to have a default Language (depending on which country the game is selled), like GTA 3, Just Cause, Deus-ex...

With GTA 3 i.e. you just have to rename the Language folder you want with the name of the default one (if the game start in German and you want Spanish, just rename the Spanish folder to German and the german to something else).

With Deus-ex instead, you have to edit a .ini file (you can do it on the Xbox with the text editor).

Badore90 3

Postby projectgungrave » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 pm

what they recommend me to do, I've already done with other games, that bring the region or language (ENG-GER-ITA-FR-SP) or folders of that type, but Second Sight is the first game that I see that no it has region folders, it has 3 .xbe inside, the default.xbe, ss_NTSC.xbe and the ss_PAL.xbe, I suppose that those two (ss_NTSC.xbe and the ss_PAL.xbe) are responsible for putting the game in the region which corresponds to the console, if I run the ss_NTSC.xbe the game starts in English and if I execute the ss_PAL.xbe black screen, someone who knows what can be done in this case?

projectgungrave Newbie

Postby Badore90 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Change the console region to PAL!

Badore90 3

Postby projectgungrave » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Badore90 wrote:Change the console region to PAL!

my tv is NTSC and the console looks out of frame and black and white if i do that

projectgungrave Newbie

Postby scorpNZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Can you not enable spanish subs & leave the lang english assuming it has any

scorpNZ 6

Postby projectgungrave » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:54 am

scorpNZ wrote:Can you not enable spanish subs & leave the lang english assuming it has any

the game only comes subtitled in Spanish and is exactly what I want to do, let's say that the game brings the two regions in a single iso, it can be PAL (multi subtitles) and NTSC (English only), but with the NTSC console it is only activated the NTSC and that part of the iso only comes in full English, the PAL version does not activate and only gives a black screen, but it is the part of the iso that comes subtitled or dubbed into Spanish

projectgungrave Newbie

Postby Badore90 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:22 am

projectgungrave wrote:

my tv is NTSC and the console looks out of frame and black and white if i do that

Oh sorry, I always forget about this 'cause all PAL tvs (since 1980) perfectly support both PAL and NTSC.

Last try: you can enable PAL, then go to the original Microsoft Dash and enable PAL 60 (you will have 480i @60hz), to resolve the B&W problem, force NTSC from XBMC.

Badore90 3

Postby projectgungrave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:08 am

Badore90 wrote:
projectgungrave wrote:

Oh sorry, I always forget about this 'cause all PAL tvs (since 1980) perfectly support both PAL and NTSC.

Last try: you can enable PAL, then go to the original Microsoft Dash and enable PAL 60 (you will have 480i @60hz), to resolve the B&W problem, force NTSC from XBMC.

I made the change of Region with the Enigmah and the game actually comes out in Spanish subtitles (menu and subtitles) but the problem now is that regardless of the settings you choose in the video mode (only gives the option of pal 60hz and video pal standard) the game is cut in half and subtitles are not seen, I think there is no way to see it in Spanish subtitled and full screen

projectgungrave Newbie

Postby Badore90 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:32 pm

It's weird, PAL 60 should be the same as NTSC in regard of refresh-rate and resolution (then same proportions).
If you have enabled PAL 60 from the Microsoft Dash and the proportions problem remain, maybe there's nothing to do, unless to take a tv with the SCART entry, I'm sorry.

P.S. you see the screen literally cut in half?? 'Cause if it's not too much, you can adjust the screen from the TV service menù at the geometry's entry.

Badore90 3

Postby projectgungrave » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Badore90 wrote:It's weird, PAL 60 should be the same as NTSC in regard of refresh-rate and resolution (then same proportions).
If you have enabled PAL 60 from the Microsoft Dash and the proportions problem remain, maybe there's nothing to do, unless to take a tv with the SCART entry, I'm sorry.

P.S. you see the screen literally cut in half?? 'Cause if it's not too much, you can adjust the screen from the TV service menù at the geometry's entry.

yes, literally, the screen totally cut in half, I think you can not do anything else, thanks for all the answers

projectgungrave Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting