Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

DOA2 Ultimate Download Faulty?

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

DOA2 Ultimate Download Faulty?

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:26 pm

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... re-ntsc-j/

I tried this many ways (see Comments) and can't get it to launch either from disc or when installed, it just reboots to the main dash.

Three part download extracts as it should with 7Zip.

There may be a file missing for some reason but whatever the case if someone can check this out it would be appreciated.

HisDivineShadow 9

Re: DOA2 Ultimate Download Faulty?

Postby MasterOfAll » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:29 pm

I'll give it a download and check it myself. I don't have a fast account - so it'll take some time to download.

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby def03 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:24 pm

I believe the xbox its needs to be hard mod not soft mod.

def03 2

Postby EarthwormJames » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:35 pm

I was just looking on the US version of DOA2 and DOA1 is actually playable if you click on the DOA1 xbe in a file manager or something. Though I can't see the option anywhere to launch it in DOA2. I assume it's unlockable, but also can't find the way to do it online. Anyone know what the heck is going on here?

BTW, why do you want the Japanese version? Why is it better than the US version?

EarthwormJames 5

Custom Title: Lumbricus Extraterrestris

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 am

Interested in that odd suggestion, explain ^^ please.

Sorry to sound skeptical but the Xbox I'm using is a chipped one (Xecuter 2.6) and I've also tested the download, installed and from disc, on a softmod.

I also didn't mention I've also tried swapping to PAL and using a SD only cable type. I was not expecting any different result and, surprise surprise, I wasn't disappointed. It still rebooted to the main dash.

What I've done since is download the DOA1(J NTSC) from the link provided on the same download page as DOA2. What I noticed is that doesn't have the doa1.xbe I mentioned.

That additional XBE is present in the US NTSC version of DOA1 Ultimate I already have and that boots perfectly. So why its not in this J NTSC version I can't even guess. I've not tried launching that yet I'll report back the results when I do.

Whether it is even connected to DOA2 Ulimate not working is, of course, another matter.

This problem is not like anything I've seen caused by Xbox version/region/resolution/ACL issues or other settings factors. But until someone else tries the DOA2 Ultimate download and reports the same trouble or not all there is speculation.

Although it will be disappointing actually I'm hoping it is the download.

I was just looking on the US version of DOA2 and DOA1 is actually playable if you click on the DOA1 xbe in a file manager or something. Though I can't see the option anywhere to launch it in DOA2. I assume it's unlockable, but also can't find the way to do it online. Anyone know what the heck is going on here?

BTW, why do you want the Japanese version? Why is it better than the US version?

The reason for being interested in the J NTSC version is explained in the download description.

I was under the impression the two games were on two separate discs. They are, just, under 4.3GB combined so it is odd they were put on two discs for the J NTSC version but that is what it says on the download page:-

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... re-ntsc-j/

It is also surely why there are two download links one for DOA2 and another for DOA1.

Are you saying that DOA1 is actually an Ultimate version unlockable feature in the DOA Ultimate US NTSC version? It might explain the presence of that doa1.xbe in the US version as it does indeed launch DOA1 like the default.xbe.

But this is getting off the point. The question is: does the DOA2 download here work or not?

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby EarthwormJames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07 am

I installed only the US DOA2 disk to my HDD. But I can play DOA1 if I click on that doa1.xbe in the DOA2 folder. BTW, I used dvd2xbox with a DOA2 disk I bought, not burned. So it is completely untampered with. I also have the DOA1 disk but didn't install it because it was as big as the DOA2 disk and not so great.

It may be it was included on the DOA2 disk, but later the decision was made to put it on another disk. So it's still there and playable, yet not unlockable. Weird.

EarthwormJames 5

Postby skullz613 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:25 am

I've downloaded it and will also have a look at it. I did see on ebay that the JAP version is two disc's. Looking at the files, they should show up as two separate games.

Consoles:
Spoiler:
Xbox v1.6 - DuoX2, 250+200GB HDD (See my MOD) Internal Removable HDD Bay
Xbox Halo SE v1.4 - TSOP
Xbox v1.6b - Soft-modded
Xbox 360 - Jasper, 120GB HD
Xbox 360 Slim - Stock
PS1 - Chipped (x2)
PSOne - Stock (x2)
PS2 Slim - FMCB (x3) (One sensor blocked)
Wii - RVL-001 (x2)
N64

Before posting read the Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
Before uploading read Theisozone Upload Rules
Also make sure you read the New Content Guidelines
Spread TIZ love!Image
skullz613 6

Custom Title: Old Fart

Postby MasterOfAll » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:17 am

I've installed both to the HDD.

DOA1 works fine.

But like you've said, DOA2, just crashes and resets the XBOX. I tried running the "original" default.xbe as well, and it too just crashes out.

I've DVD2XBOX ACL over both default.xbe files (By having just the one default.xbe at a time), and still neither worked.

I believe the rip is broken some how - or it has very good copy protection.

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:02 pm

That's what I found with DOA1 last night. It plays perfectly but, if it is the Japanese Ultimate version I really can't see any difference between it and the version I already have. That I found installed on one of the used Xboxes I bought so I have no idea where it came from. I've just assumed it was the US NTSC one and that does appear to be the case.

That's not really important; DOA1 is not a great game anyway, compared to PS Tekken 3, still one of my go to games of that era, it is very limited. I hadn't really noticed it before but the 'boob' physics, what it is probably best known for, are laughable and not in a good way. For me it is more off putting rather than the mildly amusing feature I think was intended.

DOA2 was/is a different matter. Whilst the gameplay still doesn't match its better contemporaries in the genre it is a very playable game. I was looking forward to seeing this enhanced Xbox version.

Thanks to MasterOfAll for confirming the DOA2 download is faulty.

I'll PM zombiegauzze and see if he can check the original rip he made and replace the DOA2 Ulimate download with a working one.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby EarthwormJames » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:17 pm

I played DOA1 for a while on the DVD drive but didn't find it worthy of HDD space. It's a lot of fun with all the unlockables they added. DO2 Ulitmate is simply excellent, a must own for anyone with a modded Xbox. Everyone keep in mind the US version is still available here and not sure there's even a difference.

EarthwormJames 5

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:57 am

If there's really no major difference between the US and JAP versions then that seems like the most sensible thing to do.

I was just going by the download description and assuming the JAP version had more features or something like that. I should have done some more research.

Still there is not much point having a download here that isn't working, wastes time, bandwidth and money (3 DVD-Rs in my case) so getting it replaced would still be helpful.

I contacted zombiegauze about this but as he pointed out it came from another uploader, so getting a fresh, working copy may well not be possible.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Well it seems someone else on the other site is having problems as well. At least that "uploader" knows there's problems. Maybe if we all wade in, and let him know his upload is screwy, he'll re-rip it, and upload it again?!

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:16 pm

The problem with the download has been fixed now; thanks to all those who sorted it out.

Looking at the US version, as I've done since, it is clear the original download was missing an essential DOA2 file and, I think a folder too. No wonder it didn't boot but how did that happen?

Slightly more interesting question though is why was DOA2 Ultimate released on two discs?

As said DOA1 is under 300MB and DOA2 under 4GB, an almost perfect fit for a standard DVD. But, if the US version is typical in its file content, the DOA2 disc actually contains the whole of DOA1 and the Doa1.xbe does launch it perfectly just as EarthwormJames described.

So why the second disc with DOA1? Doesn't make a lot of sense unless the original intention was to make DOA1 a DOA2 unlockable and they changed their mind and made it available but only from a second disc.

Of course unless you were using a modded Xbox with a file manager you wouldn't know that but including that second disc, unnecessarily it seems, must have surely cost far more money than adding a simple opening menu option in DOA2 to launch DOA1.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby EarthwormJames » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:39 pm

I guess the only thing that makes sense is marketing. You feel like you are getting more bang for your buck. Big box, two disks, two manuals, other goodies. I own a hard copy and it is pretty cool. Like a fancy collector's edition.

EarthwormJames 5

Return to Troubleshooting