Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Formatting drive X, freeze or taking forever?

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Formatting drive X, freeze or taking forever?

Postby Xatoku » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Im using HeXen 2017, and its been stuck on formatting drive x for 15 minutes, is that normak? Its an 80gb Seagate Barricudda IDE

Xatoku 3

Re: Formatting drive X, freeze or taking forever?

Postby scorpNZ » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:25 pm

No it's not normal.It only takes mere seconds to format the whole thing
I'D remove the drive & run seagate seatools on it in the pc both short & long tests.Unless there's a cable connection issue

scorpNZ 6

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:46 pm

When something like this happens I wouldn't immediately blame the HDD. My first thought would be check the tool being used.

What I'd do is try another tool ie. AID. If that fails with the same formatting problem you can be pretty sure it is a HDD issue but if it doesn't you end up with a correctly formatted HDD.

What I would ask first is why you're formatting X specifically? If it was a softmod or chipped dash install on a virgin HDD that would have been done as part of the formatting process. Once the HDD formatting is finished I do not know of any reason to want to format X again separately. Maybe there is and if so someone please explain.

Could there have been something on the X drive already if this is not a new, clean install? Maybe HeXEn is flummoxed by that. Dead or Alive Ultimate for instance puts almost 400MB of data on X every time its played.

If you're set on using HeXEn 2017 it does have a clear cache option. Try again but using that before reformatting and see if it fixes the problem.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby scorpNZ » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:22 am

Agree with divine it seems odd you want to format x

scorpNZ 6

Return to System Modding