Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

can i softmod halo special edition OG XBOX

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

can i softmod halo special edition OG XBOX

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:19 pm

i just bought a halo special edition xbox from bookmans. i have the intention of softmodding it.(ive softmodded a system before) but i dont know for sure if the dash version 5659 can be softmodded. isnt the required dash version supposed to be 5960? i have halo 2 and several other games that would update it to 5960. but it wont update on this halo special edition OG XBOX. can someone let me know?

That_One_Guy Newbie

Re: can i softmod halo special edition OG XBOX

Postby zombiegauze » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes you can softmod it.

Update to 5960 to be safe.

Any Xbox Live enabled game from 2004 and update will have the update. Halo 2 is the disc I use. Go to Xbox Live on the game menu and it should exit out of the game and update your dashboard

I SELL MODDED XBOX'S with 2TB/3TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games, including 400+ Xbox Games

If you are INTERESTED in BUYING a MODDED Xbox from me, Please send me a private message (PM) or visit the (Marketplace here) and see what I have or ZOMBIEGAUZE@YAHOO.COM

Each 2TB/3TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games, Premium/Ninja Massive, Custom Cases and much more...

See My Seller Feedback here
My Uploads
zombiegauze 8

Custom Title: I ❤ Retro Gaming

Re: can i softmod halo special edition OG XBOX

Postby That_One_Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:58 pm

i already tried updating to 5960. i have halo 2 to update it. but this console is stuck on dash vs 5659. i have another modded console that is a regular v1.0 XBOX and it correctly shows that it is dash vs 5960.

but this special edition halo XBOX is stuck on dash version 5659. i cannot update nor roll back the console.

updated
NEVERMIND!!!!!!! it works now, my bad please disregard the past message, thank you for your help

That_One_Guy Newbie

Return to System Modding