Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

500gb HD+eeprom+xboxhdm Error 16? [SOLVED]

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

500gb HD+eeprom+xboxhdm Error 16? [SOLVED]

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 am

Hello!
I got original xbox with error 16, I tried hotswap it but it doesnt work and when i make eeprom reader and get my original 8gb hd unlocked it was total broken and i dont hav any original files.

But now I HAV EEPROM.

Now i try to make new hd for my xbox.I ran xboxhdm rebuild from scratch but with creating F it give some error? maybe i didnt get dashboard right to my hd cos I succesfully get my 500gb-sata locked with lockhd and ide-sata adapter, but still get error 16 with new hd.

How i should format my 500gb drive? How i get working dashboard or unleashx and other files to my HD with xboxhdm or xplorer360? first i wont that clock(16) error off somehow. What files i need, how i name files and where all files should be in my hd?

New 500-Hd with Xplorer360 shows Partition 0,1,2 are empty. Partition 3 has XBox Book.xtf Xbox.xtf xboxdash.xbe files and Audio, fonts, xboxdashdata.185ead00, xodash -folders with some files. Partition 4 has empty TDATA and UDATA folders.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by Bloodmelon on Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodmelon 2

Re: 500gb HD+eeprom+xboxhdm Error 16?

Postby EuSuntDracul669 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 am

What model xbox is it? 1.0? 1.6?

I have been around the 360 mod scene for a while. So if anyone needs any assistance please feel free to PM me.
EuSuntDracul669 3

Custom Title: Hack-Activist

Postby treloucks » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 am

if you are using xbhdm with endure , then you should already have unleashedx dash or some other dash like evox or xbmc. it should be on the xbhdm disc you make with that and endure. if you have your eeprom you can copy that into the folder when you are doing endure. then burn it all on to a disc and then do your mod via hotswap or whatever method you choose.

upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbaselectstart
thank you Mario but princess is in another castle. -toad
treloucks 2

Postby changospank » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 am

i just read this on another post a few days ago. make and lock a new stock 8gb hard drive set the clock in the fresh new ms dash. turn it off but don't unplug the power cable and VERY CAREFULLY place your 500gb that you somehow managed to format and lock using xbhdm. if you are not careful you could fry your face off i have seen it happen it falls right off! the craziest thing. that should work or so i have read. i fixed my error 16 by just making a new stock hd. good luck sir.

psx unmodded- could never get the flashing right on my chips
ps2 slim-fmcb
wii softmodded plays wii and gamecube games
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
xbox classic tsop 160 gb xbmc.
n64
xeno gc chipped gamecube x3.
indigo
black
black no component output.
changospank 4

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 pm

EuSuntDracul669 wrote:What model xbox is it? 1.0? 1.6?

Its version 1.4-1.5 cos it has focus video encoder and I think its 1.4 cos made in 10/2003 and notice some connection with pin2 and ground with "electricmeter" but when i check it didnt hav any power on. but liveinfo beta says its 1.1 % pal/european % 02 dvd zone if that matters. options in liveinfo only has 1.0/1.1/1.6

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 pm

treloucks wrote:if you are using xbhdm with endure , then you should already have unleashedx dash or some other dash like evox or xbmc. it should be on the xbhdm disc you make with that and endure. if you have your eeprom you can copy that into the folder when you are doing endure. then burn it all on to a disc and then do your mod via hotswap or whatever method you choose.

No, i didnt use ndure but I will try now... im installing ndure 3.1 but i dont know original kernel (and dashboards), cos original hd was totally broken and i think thats why xbox was found on trash can and i dont know history about this xbox, looks it never been opened thou. dunno if its been softmodded or not. Also i try avoid hotswap cos i tried alot of that with no luck and then i make eeprom reader, also i noticed hd was ticking at the first time i boot and it lasts half minute to error 16 screen so it was slowbuggy. I hav my xbox eeprom.bin so why i should hotswap? So I install ndure 3.1 with core files+unknow kernel + xboxhdm installer options. Should I choose other options? I will try first with these. No nkpatcher 63 option available in ndure 3.1, only 06, but i didnt mark it at this time.

It gave me checkid+ndure.htm files and C-folder with xb0xdash.xbe, xboxdash.xbe files and bios,media,shadowc,xodash folders inside it & E-folder with empty app/nkp11 folders + dash/ndts folders with some files.

I copy ndure C+E folders to xboxhdm.1.9/linux/folder, should i copy checkid file too? also i make empty UDATA+TDATA folders to F, was that false to do? I place eeprom.bin to eeprom folder.

Next im trying to do new boot disc and hope i get xbox working.

But i thought, could i try just set them to my new hd with xplorer360? C to partition 3 and E to partition 4 and try so on, cos if that kernel doesnt work, its faster just copy some files with xplorer360 than every time make new boot disk. Or does xboxhdm do something else. i must lock/unlock tools thou but still, burning new disc are guite frustrating if i need to test tens of different kernels.

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 pm

First try with ndure didnt work, still error 16, with unknown kernel+core files+xboxhdm install, do i hav to enable clock check or nkpatcher 06? or multiboot?
Does ndure icludes all files that my xbox hard drive needs or need I something else? what are the best guess for working ndure kernel choice with xbox 1.4?
what are the necessary files?
does anyone hav original hd files from xbox 1.4v?
Xplorer360 shows empty partitions 0,1,2,5 do they hav to be empty? and all files are in partition 3 and 4. that are c and e. how i create partition 7 (G) and did i use ndure right? and it is necessary,
does my xbox read my HD files? it can unlock drive, so think it can. Is here something other protection against hd change than eeprom code.

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:41 pm

changospank wrote:i just read this on another post a few days ago. make and lock a new stock 8gb hard drive set the clock in the fresh new ms dash. turn it off but don't unplug the power cable and VERY CAREFULLY place your 500gb that you somehow managed to format and lock using xbhdm. if you are not careful you could fry your face off i have seen it happen it falls right off! the craziest thing. that should work or so i have read. i fixed my error 16 by just making a new stock hd. good luck sir.

How this works???? why xbox cant read bigger HDs? has xbox other protection than eeprom? where i can get new 8gb drive? u mean i should hav other xbox? i hav 7 old ide drives with 1-40gb but i cant lock them. I also hav 200gb satas that i could try. What files did u used in that 8gb? was them same as u tried with bigger one too? Better not cablework while enjoing ac/dc high voltage. I wish theres other solution. Thanks thou!

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Heimdall » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 pm

The Xbox reads large hard drives fine. You aren't building or using xboxhdm properly, which is why you keep getting error 16.

Build your xboxhdm disk using the stock C from HeXEn (in HeXEn:\StockFiles\c\), and Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and your eeprom.bin.

When you run Kingroach NDURE 3.1 the only options you need to select are your Kernel version under "Kernel Selection", and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" - leave all other options at their default settings. If you don't currently know your Kernel version, select "Unknown Kernel"

Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Rename ndure.htm to ndure (no extension), and place it in linux/ndure/ndure. Put eeprom.bin into linux/eeprom/. Build the iso, then burn it to CD.

Connect the new hard disk to your PC and boot with xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 1 - Build a new Xbox HD from scratch. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1 - Install Ndure [Install only ndure files]. Reboot your PC with the xboxhdm disc, select option 3 - Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities. Type lockhd -a

Put the disk in your Xbox, and turn it on.

Use FTP to copy the stock C files to the now empty C (which is really the shadow C, which is why it is empty). Use XBPartitioner 1.1 or later (there's a copy on HeXEn) to reformat the F partition so it has 32kB clusters.

Your Xbox is now ready to use. :)

Heimdall 3

Postby changospank » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:54 pm

How this works???? why xbox cant read bigger HDs? has xbox other protection than eeprom? where i can get new 8gb drive? u mean i should hav other xbox? i hav 7 old ide drives with 1-40gb but i cant lock them. I also hav 200gb satas that i could try. What files did u used in that 8gb? was them same as u tried with bigger one too? Better not cablework while enjoing ac/dc high voltage. I wish theres other solution. Thanks thou![/quote]

the xbox read large hard drives the problem is with locking them not all hard drives lock and i thought you were having problems on the 500gb hard drive. i used clean ms dash files in FOLDER C THEN UDATA TDATA IN E AND THE EEPROM IN THE EEPROM FOLDER for making a new bxhdm. the clean dash files can be found on this website. this will give you an original xbox dashboard so you can set the clock fixing your error 16. from there you can softmod. you can use any hard drive that locks. for this intial fix.

ps2 slim-fmcb
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
n64
indigo
black
changospank 4

Postby Bloodmelon » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Heimdall wrote:The Xbox reads large hard drives fine. You aren't building or using xboxhdm properly, which is why you keep getting error 16.

Build your xboxhdm disk using the stock C from HeXEn (in HeXEn:\StockFiles\c\), and Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and your eeprom.bin.

When you run Kingroach NDURE 3.1 the only options you need to select are your Kernel version under "Kernel Selection", and "Create XBOXHDM Installer" - leave all other options at their default settings. If you don't currently know your Kernel version, select "Unknown Kernel"

Put the stock C in linux/C, and the Kingroach 3.1 files in linux/ndure (the Kingroach C and E directories and the ndure script should be immediately below this i.e. linux/ndure/C/ and linux/ndure/E/.) Rename ndure.htm to ndure (no extension), and place it in linux/ndure/ndure. Put eeprom.bin into linux/eeprom/. Build the iso, then burn it to CD.

Connect the new hard disk to your PC and boot with xboxhdm, select option 1 - boot VGA Console, then type xboxhd, then select option 1 - Build a new Xbox HD from scratch. Once that has finished exit, then type xbrowser, run the ndure script, then select option 1 - Install Ndure [Install only ndure files]. Reboot your PC with the xboxhdm disc, select option 3 - Boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities. Type lockhd -a

Put the disk in your Xbox, and turn it on.

Use FTP to copy the stock C files to the now empty C (which is really the shadow C, which is why it is empty). Use XBPartitioner 1.1 or later (there's a copy on HeXEn) to reformat the F partition so it has 32kB clusters.

Your Xbox is now ready to use. :)

Big thanks! Great tutorial =) That might actually work! Have to try that! thou hexen download link doesnt work right now, but hav to find that and kingroach ndure version somewhere and cross all toes & fingers

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Heimdall » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:21 pm

You can use the stock C files from anywhere, just so long as they are the 5960 dash, and are complete. :)

Heimdall 3

Postby Heimdall » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Slight correction: Earlier, when I said "You aren't building or using xboxhdm properly, which is why you keep getting error 16", I should have added: This isn't surprising, because while xboxhdm is a great tool it isn't obvious how to build and use it in conjunction with Kingroach NDURE 3.1, and there's more than one valid way to use it, but there are also loads of tutorials out there that tell you completely the wrong way to build and use it!

While my tutorial isn't the only way to use xboxhdm and Kingroach NDURE 3.1, I am certain that it works, because:

A. I have used it loads
B. I have studied the code and the scripts thoroughly, so I know how they work (or at least I did when I wrote the tutorial!)
C. I have replicated the method in HeXEn, and it works there as well :)

Heimdall 3

Postby Bloodmelon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:28 am

Well =/, it didnt get it to work and now im going to sleep, maybe i try again in weekend,
i used xboxhdm 1.9 and ndure 3.1 http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/to ... er-for-pc/ and http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/ho ... oard-5960/

i dont know if that is right ndure version and is that dashboard stock enough? didnt find any download with kingcroach, also your engineering disc downloads are all 404.

I extraxt xboxhdm 1.9 and transfer those dash5960 files in linux/c folder, i ran ndure with core files+unknown kernel+xboxhdm install options and copy created files into linux/ndure folder. i changed ndure.htm to ndure and left it in linux/ndure folder , i didnt make linux/ndure/ndure/ folder. I copied eeprom.bin to linux/eeprom folder. I created linux.iso with win-iso and burned it in to cd-r with nero.
I boot the cd with old computer and ran xboxhdm with 1.scratchin and that went well exept it says no tdata files and e=empty and f=empty
I didnt create empty UDATA + TDATA folders.
then i ran ndure in xbrowser
1/3 it complited backup, i dont know where it did that but it did.
2/3 says cp: /cd/ndure/E/NKP11/*:no such file or directory
i think its because i didnt select any nkpatchers etc options.
3/3 completed

i boot again and lock my drive.

Now I connected hd to my xbox and press eject button to start, it says error 16, then i shutted and tried with power button with same result. Failed again =(

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Heimdall » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

Bloodmelon wrote:2/3 says cp: /cd/ndure/E/NKP11/*:no such file or directory
i think its because i didnt select any nkpatchers etc options.
No, it's because you haven't got the folders in the right place when you build the iso. In particular, the NDURE C and E folders are in the wrong place - that's what the error message is telling you - it can't find /ndure/E or any of its sub-folders.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with selecting nkpatcher options - the default options are perfect for all situations.

Heimdall 3

Postby Bloodmelon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:09 pm

that NKP11 folder is empty folder in bootcd/NDURE/E/, xbrowser-ndure-run didnt give any other "error" or weird notes for example other folders or files, also note the star in the end of line NKP11/* !!! i think it was trying to copy all files and folders from NKP11 folder, but cos it was empty it cannot find any files or folders from that folder and gave that "error"-message.

should i create NDURE/NDURE/ndure or is that ok with NDURE/ndure

BOOTCD has folders named C,E,EEPROM,F,ISOLINUX,NDURE,XBOX and files:about_this_cd.txt, check, readme.txt

C has AUDIO,FONTS,XBOXDASHDATA.185EAD00,XODASH+xbox.xtf,xbox_book.xtf,xboxdash.xbe

E folder is EMPTY!!!!!!!!!!, should i create TDATA+ UDATA folders or not in this folder? matters?

NDURE folder has C and E folders + checkid and ndure files

NDURE/C has BIOS, MEDIA,SHADOWC,XODASH + xboxdash.xbe,xboxdash.xbe
BIOS has bios.xbe
MEDIA has CONTENT,XBG folders
SHADOWC has RESC+riller1.img,shadowc.img
XODASH has ernie.xtf x0nlinedash.xbe x2onlinedash.xbe xbox.xtf xonlinedash.xbe

NDURE/E folder has APP,DASH,NDTS,NKP11 folders.
APP and NKP11 folders are empty.
DASH has config.xml, default.xbe and english.xml
NDTS has FILES folder+ bios.bin, boot.cfg, config.xml, confige.xml, default.xbe, english.xml, unleashx.xbe and in FILES folder has C,E folders with lot of rar compressed files.

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Bloodmelon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 pm

changospank wrote:the xbox read large hard drives the problem is with locking them not all hard drives lock and i thought you were having problems on the 500gb hard drive. i used clean ms dash files in FOLDER C THEN UDATA TDATA IN E AND THE EEPROM IN THE EEPROM FOLDER for making a new bxhdm. the clean dash files can be found on this website. this will give you an original xbox dashboard so you can set the clock fixing your error 16. from there you can softmod. you can use any hard drive that locks. for this intial fix.

lockhd says locking completed and my xbox goes to error 16 so it does unlock the drive well. if its not locked it gives error 5 and if xbox cant unlock drive it gives error 6.

But i noticed that when lockhd locks the drive it says "security supported-YES, Security enabled-Yes , security locked-NO, security frozen-NO, security count expired-NO, and when i unlock the drive, only security enabled changes, so do i need change other settings, also i tried different pata-sata adapters jumper settings. in cable select and master, but didnt help.

My hd is samsung HD501LJ and i use pata-sata adapter http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-5-IDE-PAT ... 519a596109 exept pin10 isnt cutted off. also i use orginal xbox ide cable, so if i try to use other cable i hav to cut that one pin out.
Other topics they talk about that original cable errors.
Please help what I do wrong?

Bloodmelon 2

Postby changospank » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:19 pm

awesome all you have to do is make an original ms dash hard drive. this is the easiest way to make the cd. put your dash files in C folder, CREATE UDATA TDATA FOLDERS IN THE E FOLDER
PUT YOUR EEPROM IN EEPROM FOLDER. click to make your iso and burn it. follow the hd from scratch again and that's it. you will be able to set the clock. form there you can softmod any way you like.

ps2 slim-fmcb
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
n64
indigo
black
changospank 4

Postby Bloodmelon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 pm

changospank wrote:awesome all you have to do is make an original ms dash hard drive. this is the easiest way to make the cd. put your dash files in C folder, CREATE UDATA TDATA FOLDERS IN THE E FOLDER
PUT YOUR EEPROM IN EEPROM FOLDER. click to make your iso and burn it. follow the hd from scratch again and that's it. you will be able to set the clock. form there you can softmod any way you like.

That was exactly first method that i tried before i start this topic.
When i start xbox, it doesnt even show microsoft logo under the X, it goes to error 16 pretty fast, i mean maybe 7-8 seconds, so much faster than with original hd, well then it was taken half a minute to go error screen but still didnt give microsoft show logo under the X. I havent seen xbox working ever, so i dont know what is the working dashboard or kernel version, all i know its european 1.4-1.5v xbox.with region 2 and hd was broken and gives error 16.
I've tried with this one http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/ho ... oard-5960/ what other dash i should try? and where i find those?

if i try other dashes could i just use xplorer360 and change c folder files and use locking tools, cos making new boot discs arent fun to do if i hav to construct xboxhdm boot disc every time with different dashes, and then use scratch repair and format my hard disk over and over again. cos i notice xboxhdm just copy C files(dash) to partition 3 and E files(empty udata+tdata folders) to partition 4. I havnt checked yet what ndure did my hd?

Bloodmelon 2

Postby Bloodmelon » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:47 pm

BIG NEWS!!!!!!!!!! MY XBOX IS ALIVE!!!!!
Original cable cause the error 16 with pata-sata-adapter. When i change original 40-wire cable's connectors with DVD and HD it starts to work. But DVD doesnt read discs???
I tested system with 80-wire and 40-wire cables with different results. I try with other 40-wire than original 40-wire.

40-wire with pata-sata-adapter as MASTER or CABLE SElECT and middleconnector is connected to DVD it gives error 13 if clock is set, and it gives error 16 if clock is empty. and system works if middleconnector is connected to HD and jumper is in MASTER or CS, except dvd couldnt read.

80-wire with pata-sata-adapter gave different results. Cable has also 3 connectors but 1 is for system 2.(middle) is for slave and 3. other end says master.

When adapters jumper was set to master and connections was with 80-wire..
1-MB 2-DVD 3-HD ERROR 12 so dvd cant be recognized.
1.MB 3-DVD 2-HD WORKS
3-MB 2-DVD 1-HD WORKS
3-MB 1-DVD 2-HD WORKS

When adapters jumper was set to cable select(CS) and connections was with 80-wire...

1-MB 2-DVD 3-HD WORKS
1.MB 3-DVD 2-HD ERROR 9
3-MB 2-DVD 1-HD WORKS
3-MB 1-DVD 2-HD WORKS

!!!I didnt get DVD-drive to read discs with any connections and wires!!!
I didnt try to set adapters jumper to SLAVE.

Is it necessary make G drive or does games work with F and can i use all the 500gb space.
Maybe next i will try ftp connections and games in unleashx and try connect gamepad and get DVD drive to work. But lets talk about those in other threads and topics.

Big thanks to all. Thanks to Heimdall for helping with ndure. Thanks Elitetecke, Changospank & Z-Blaster for giving me clues with cable issue and of course, huge thanks to ndure and xboxhdm creators.

Bloodmelon 2

Return to System Modding