Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

How do we put xbox isos on softmoded xbox without any discs?

Discuss your favourite Xbox titles here and reccomend them to other members!

How do we put xbox isos on softmoded xbox without any discs?

Postby steliosem06 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi guys!
I know that i havent posted for a long time,and thats because I had some problems with my account,but anyways,I will now post again.

So,theres a lot of orignal xbox stuff going on,so i thought I would take my non-modchipped xbox and softmod it.You may know that I usually modchip my consoles,so the question I will ask may sound stupid to some hardcore xbox players.
So,I did everything,I also installed a 1tb HDD and now im downloading some emuators since I've heard that the xbox is one of the best emulating machines.But I was wondering.....Can I insert xbox isos to my xbox without any discs/xbox2dv?And one silly question that I just wanted to ask...
Can you '''SoftMod" your xbox by having an modchip? :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :lovetiz:

Im a electronics technician,I had a videogames store in greece,and i have fixed,and modchipped more than 200 consoles!i also make ps1 modchips,and sometimes mod consoles!Oh,and although im a bit ''old'' I like dank memes!
steliosem06 2

Re: How do we put xbox isos on softmoded xbox without any di

Postby CBThatGuy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:00 pm

What software are you using? Once you get something other than the default OS software running, you can connect via FTP and transfer anything you want over.

Atari 2600
NES, SNES (Everdrive), SupaBoy, Wii (softmod), WiiU
Sega Nomad, Genesis (Everdrive), Dreamcast
Playstation 1 (chipped), 2 (HDLoader), 3 & 4
Xbox (Xecuter 3), Xbox 360 (drive mod)
Game Boy Color, PSP (CFW), PSTV, & DS (Acekard2i), 3DS (modded)
Turbografx 16 (Everdrive)
CBThatGuy 5

Postby Moandain » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:02 pm

you can FTP to your Xbox after you soft-mod it. There are several old YouTube videos on how to soft mod your system without the need for a mod chip.

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP
3DS XL
ATARI 2600 JR
ATARI 5200
ATARI 7800
ATARI JAGUAR
ATARI LYNX
3DO
CD-I
INTELLIVISION
COMMODORE 64
RADIOSHACK TRS80 COLOR
TG-16
PC-FX
MASTER SYSTEM
GENESIS/32X/CD MODEL 2
GENESIS MODEL 2
SATURN X2
DREAMCAST
GAMEGEAR
NOMAD
NEO GEO AES
NEO GEO POCKET COLOR
XBOX X2
XBOX 360 X2
XBOX ONE
PS1 X2
psone w/ screen
PS2 FAT X2
PS3 SLIM X2
PSP 3000
VITA 1001
PSTV
RETROPIE

My YouTube
Moandain 4

Postby kaos_engr » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:53 pm

steliosem06 wrote:Hi guys!
...And one silly question that I just wanted to ask...
Can you '''SoftMod" your xbox by having an modchip? :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :xbox: :lovetiz:

No, softmod and modchip (hardmod) are two different methods to mod an Xbox.

The two should not both be installed at the same time, else you'll most likely see a blank screen after the big X-logo when the replacement dashboard's screen should appear.

To answer your post's title question
FTP them to the Xbox. To run the iso image if the softmod is based upon nkpatcher (e.g., Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool), you need to download a copy of driveimageutils-v1.0.1.zip, extract the contents, upload the files to a subfolder under the Xbox's apps/applications folder and copy the attach xbe as default.xbe to the folder that contains the game's iso image. Rename the internal XBE title using XBMC or UnleashX's file manager to that you want to appear in the dashboard's games menu list.

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:15 pm

Not sure why you'd want to run an ISO image but follow kaos_engr advice if you do.

The normal way of getting Xbox games which are supplied as ISO downloads onto the Xbox without a DVD drive is to extract the contents on PC using either C-Xbox Tools or Qwix.

You then FTP the extracted game folder to the Xbox (I'd recommend to a temporary folder on the HDD first). Once there you can ACL patch it with DVD2Xbox just as would have been done if it had been installed from disc and then simply copy it to E:\, F:\ or G:\Games, reboot and it should be good to go.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby steliosem06 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:49 pm

CBThatGuy wrote:What software are you using? Once you get something other than the default OS software running, you can connect via FTP and transfer anything you want over.

Ok,but what kind of file should the xbox games be?Iso?image burn?or something else?

Im a electronics technician,I had a videogames store in greece,and i have fixed,and modchipped more than 200 consoles!i also make ps1 modchips,and sometimes mod consoles!Oh,and although im a bit ''old'' I like dank memes!
steliosem06 2

Postby scorpNZ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm

Each iso has to be extracted to a separate folder where the game contents will reside.The folder will be named after the game (either manually there may be a program like qwix that does it automatically ? if not use 7zip right click & select separate folder to batch extract) but the naming including extension must Not exceed 42 charachters

When using filezilla find the word transfer in the menu bar & under select type set it too binary,failure to do so will result in the odd file not transferring

scorpNZ 6

Postby metroid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:17 am

Yea I dont think you can run an .iso file right off the hard drive. I've used Qwix before and it's worked for every game I've thrown at it. I think this .iso container was just an old school way of containing all of the files. PS3 games did it in later on in folder format and it worked fine.

metroid 3

Custom Title: The last Metroid is in captivity.

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 am

metroid wrote:Yea I dont think you can run an .iso file right off the hard drive. I've used Qwix before and it's worked for every game I've thrown at it. I think this .iso container was just an old school way of containing all of the files. PS3 games did it in later on in folder format and it worked fine.

You can run the game off the HDD when it's a dot iso file. Softmodded system using nkpatcher easier than if you have a modchip but can be done with a limited list of BIOSes flashed to the modchip too. Using driveimageutils-v1.0.1's attach and detach XBE's. Attach to mount the image and run it. Detach to unmount the image on a softmodded system before mounting another.

The attach.xbe file is renamed to default.xbe and a copy stored in a folder with the ISO file. Remember that every app/game that's added to the menu of a replacement dashboard automatically from scanning a directory path has to have a default.xbe file present. If there's no default.xbe present, the app/game will not be added. Scanning only looks in folders 1 level below the configured scan path (e.g., F:\Games\ - any subfolder F:\Games\Halo, F:\Games\Halo2, but not F:\Games\MyFPSs\Counterstrike\)

No filename length restrictions when mounting an ISO disc image like there are when extracting the files from the ISO and uploading them to the HDD.

kaos_engr 7

Postby metroid » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks, thats good to know. I have just recently gotten into this myself and I first need to place a bigger hard drive in my console before I dive deeper into these kinds of things :)

metroid 3

Custom Title: The last Metroid is in captivity.

Postby Frogger420 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 am

So I have no iso's, I only have zips that have a bunch of the games files...can I assume the files are ready to add to the xbox via ftp?

Sorry I've been meaning to do this for years now! Thanks for the help.

Frogger420 2

Postby scorpNZ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:42 am

Yep just ftp the folder with the game files inside it.The folder should be named to whatever the game is

scorpNZ 6

Postby NRG2100 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:58 am

Hi I use Qwix I drag and drop the iso file into Qwix then ftp upload onto the xbox check out 2018 Original NTSC XBOX Softmod Tutorial + HDD on You Tube

NRG2100 Newbie

Return to Xbox Gaming