Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

How do you run GDI fiiles on NullDC?

Are you having Dreamcast Hardware Problems? Trouble Emulating or Playing a Game? Ask our Dreamcast experts here!

How do you run GDI fiiles on NullDC?

Postby chuckmd927 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 am

Hi Everyone:

I am new here and have been using NullDC to play Dreamcast games. So far I only figured out how to load Dreamcast games on Cdi files but the games such as Zero Gunner 2 which I got on a Cdi file never worked on NullDC. It kept freezing and asked me to close the NullDC Program on my Windows 7. When I obtained Zero Gunner 2 on a zip file and tried to extract it with WinRAR, I get four files, one GDI file, and three bin files (Track 1, track 2 (raw), and track 3). When I load up the Zero Gunner 2 GDI files, the Dreamcast logo comes on and then the menu with the PLAY icon, FILE Icon, MUSIC icon, and CLOCK icon show up. How do I run this game on NullDC? I also tried using running my other Dreamcast games on an actual Dreamcast Disc (FATAL FURY:Mark of Wolves) using NullDC with no success either.

I am sorry if this issue has been addressed before. Any help is of great appreciation. Thanks!!!

chuckmd927 2

Re: How do you run GDI fiiles on NullDC?

Postby atreyu187 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:36 am

Not all games run on NullDC and retail disc will never work as those aren't CD's nor DVD's. Try another EMU like Chankast or Makron. But loading a GDI is exactly like loading a CDI bud so if it doesn't load then try settings but most likely it just isn't compatible. No WinCE games work on NullDC either.

The Unofficial Sega Wiki

All of my Uploads
atreyu187 13

Custom Title: Sega Fanatic!!

Postby Hardak » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 am

Most(if not all) homebrew does not work in nullDC, use Chankast for that stuff...
Well I can't get homebrew to work in nullDC anyway.

“One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.”
― Carl Sagan
Hardak 9

Custom Title: Parasite of Infinite Grotesquery™

Postby chuckmd927 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:19 am

Thanks for the quick replies, guys. I tried using Chankast but I read it is not compatible with Windows 7, is that true? I tried running it but the Dreamcast Logo was all blurred. Not sure if it's because its incompatible with Windows 7.

As far as Makaron, it kept asking for Naomi and Dreamcast Bios. Not sure how to set up Makaron to get it working. Any would be greatly appreciated!!

chuckmd927 2

Postby Jodo901 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am

Just downloaded the "Fatal Fury Mark Of The Wolves - DCRES" version of the game to test on nullDC and it's working fine for me, though it's quite slow. Not sure how to tweak the frameskip on it, or if you even can but that might help make it more playable. Or maybe the Underclock FPU option would help. Don't have too much time to mess with this...off to work. :(

Here's a quick shot of the plugins I use. There are games that just will not run properly or are unplayable but there are enough that will that make nullDC a pretty sweet emu to have. Especially if you don't have the space for many consoles. Oh, and I am on Win 7 x64

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tIZ Rules
Curbside's Helpful Info Guide
Restart Files in Download Manager
If I give you +3 rep on a post consider it the equivalent of a "Like"
Jodo901 9

Custom Title: I have always been here.

Return to Troubleshooting