Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Theif 2 Source Code - is this news to anyone?

Discuss Everything Related to the Dreamcast Here!

Theif 2 Source Code - is this news to anyone?

Postby jackyboy » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 am

Just found this on a torrent site and was wondering if this is old news...

Theif 2 Source Code

Unfinished Source Code

"The story as to how the code was discovered is sweet. Four years ago, a Dreamcast modder by the name of game_player_s received a Dreamcast devkit he ordered online, although he quickly realised he’d need a rare adapter to actually connect it to his PC. As you can read in this thread, recently he managed to find one. Factory-sealed, too. Perfect. Except it wasn’t perfect because it was, in fact, defective. Infuriated, game_player_s took the the devkit’s hard drive to work to see if there was anything on the damn thing. There was. Lots of Looking Glass’ assets from 1996-2000, including unfinished Dreamcast ports of Thief II and System Shock 2.

This was months ago. Last week, game_player_s accidentally checked the bag that the devkit arrived in. Inside it was a CD containing the engine source code for all of those games. For four years, everything the Looking Glass community dreamed of has been gathering dust in the corner of a Dreamcast fan’s house."

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/12 ... ne-source/

If anyone could have a use for this i will download it and upload it here :D

http://www.demonoid.ph/files/details/2487403/25820004/

Traded with (or bought or sold too):

Jinn
The CodStr
vga
itsonlyleggy
Bobstard
SPPV
Jinn

jackyboy 7

Custom Title: Jackass

Re: Theif 2 Source Code - is this news to anyone?

Postby thugsta1 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:49 pm

This is old (2010) nothing much came of it but a Multiplayer version of Thief 2, playable but somewhat buggy too.

thugsta1 2

Re: Theif 2 Source Code - is this news to anyone?

Postby atreyu187 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Hell yes this is good news if i can find the code for the 1st_read.bin and compile I have the rest of the files to make a selfbioting copy of theif for the dreamcast all I have been missing is that file for years. Going to snag and see if ReviveDC can be the first to release this lost gem. It was never selfbooted the guy above is referencing to the copy if system shock 2 I made out if the rest if the code from that dev box. It had theif witout the main binaries but system shock 2 was selfbootable and has been released for years now.

The Unofficial Sega Wiki

All of my Uploads
atreyu187 13

Custom Title: Sega Fanatic!!

Return to Dreamcast Chat