Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

I finished this game last night(a hidden gem imo)

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

I finished this game last night(a hidden gem imo)

Postby FlarePhoenix » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:34 am

Original topic title: "Why does eidos\core have fixation for big breast?"

Swagman
So I was randomly downloading games back in December (and finished in March shocking) and I started this game a few days ago, and boy it was a blast to play. For a 20year old game, it has decent graphics and has a steep difficulty curb(not to mention hefty backtracking in case you die at certain places or miss a jump)

For those who don't know what this game is, it's a top down action platformer where you venture through a nightmarish terrains to save the word from "the swagman"(basicly the Boogeyman but he's trademarked). Armed with a tiny lightsaber er I mean flashlight with solid beam, you have to find keys, and items to get around. What makes this game difficult most enemies can't be killed, zero enemy drops so health is crucial, if for some reason you have pick up enough bugs for limbo, else you have to start from the very beginning (or spend time making sure each panel is a trap), and my least favorite, one hit kills.

Problem is, it is very obvious this game was incomplete. After 3rd boss, no more shows up till final one, some rooms lead to nowhere or just firewall you, and certain items to get are not needed, run out of bombs at certain places will deathlock(aka soft lock forcing you to start all over) you, and the fact that last boss has one form while first one has 2(and no monster form on boss either, just sad).

Well it is what it is, but all in all you should try it. In case you were wondering about the first sentence, two words: tomb raider.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pla ... s/swagman/

Happy playing everyone, and enjoy the ending....if you can reach it. Dun dun duuuuuuuum.(or YouTube it)

FlarePhoenix 9

Re: I finished this game last night(a hidden gem imo)

Postby wakinafuf » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:26 am

yup that game is really unknown of the main public. not the best game i've played either, but it was quite a unique one. the feature i liked the most on that game was the bgm.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby Bakkies » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:09 am

Sounds great, I think I'll have me some of that Swagman! Keep up the recommendations. 8-)

Bakkies 3

Postby duwen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am

I had it back in the day, but traded it in before I completed it.
Maybe I'll give it another shot some time.

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP Silver Original, GBA SP JPN Famicom Edition, NDS (2xPhat, 1xLite), O3DS Arctic White, N3DS XL Metallic Blue, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System (Mk I), Mega Drive (2xPAL, Mk I), Mega Drive (PAL Mk II), Mega CD (Mk I), SNES (2xPAL), SNES Mini/Jr (NTSC), Neo-Geo CD, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast (1xPAL, 2xNTSC-J), Playstation 2, Gamecube (with Gameboy Player), Wii (1xWhite PAL, 1xBlack PAL), Playstation 3, Xbox 360 320Gb Slim Gears of War 3 LE, Wii U 32Gb premium, Playstation 4 Pro Star Wars LE
duwen 4

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Postby catch_2030 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Better ask XamX if it’s an actual gem or not. He is the deciding factor on the matter.

Back on topic. Nice little write up about the game. Might give it a try sometime

"Spoon feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon."
~E.M. Forster~

TIZ Legal Notice

Please report requests that have been filled!
catch_2030 Moderator

Custom Title: Can't stump the Trump!

Postby itsonlyleggy » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:27 pm

This is one of the big-hitters on Sega Saturn, cheapest one I can see is £212.... so I'm probably not going to own a legit copy :( shame too.

However it does sound like fun. Might just burn a copy and see what it's like! What platform did you play it on?

My current systems
Spoiler:
Red 360 Elite
Phat PS3 CFW/1TB External/300gb Internal
Crystal Xbox Hardmod 500gb HDD
PS2 FMCB 500gb HDD, Samsung GearVR
Saturn - multi region/modchip/50 60hz
Clear Green N64, NES, SNES, Master System all W/Everdrive,
Amiga 600 modded, Spectrum 48k, Ouya
PS1 chipped. Gamecube Chipped.
CD32, Dreamcast, Atari 2600, Xbox One, White PS4,
PCEngine Core Grafx2 Megadrive/Mega CD, Vectrex, 3DO,
Amstrad 464, Wii Softmod
My gaming blog. Modern, retro and everything else. Please be a part of it! http://www.loaderror.co.uk

Latest Post - 2017 Updat ft. Megadrive!
itsonlyleggy 7

Custom Title: Barry Burton is my hero!

Postby FlarePhoenix » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:12 pm

itsonlyleggy wrote:This is one of the big-hitters on Sega Saturn, cheapest one I can see is £212.... so I'm probably not going to own a legit copy :( shame too.

However it does sound like fun. Might just burn a copy and see what it's like! What platform did you play it on?

psx, might try the saturn if i can find a suitable emulator to run it. yabuase doesnt play it well.

FlarePhoenix 9

Postby VoodooVincent » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:06 pm

I've seen this one before but it slipped my mind & I never gave it a try. The isometric view & feel of the game gives me a bit of a Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibe, whereas the main character looks like the main character of underrated Dreamcast/PS2 gem Evil Twin.

VoodooVincent 7

Postby FlarePhoenix » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 pm

VoodooVincent wrote:I've seen this one before but it slipped my mind & I never gave it a try. The isometric view & feel of the game gives me a bit of a Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibe, whereas the main character looks like the main character of underrated Dreamcast/PS2 gem Evil Twin.

See what you did, now I see this and want to play it. Well guess I have to make room.

FlarePhoenix 9

Return to General Gaming Chat