Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Original Super Nintendo Mini Console

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Original Super Nintendo Mini Console

Postby Mute » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 am

The Original Snes Mini

Remember These.....at the time i really didn't think anything about them, I started to think about snes and i remembered i used to own one of these... Did You?

I feel like some people would rather "socially network" and potentially get the wrong answer slowly, rather than just use google and get the right answer immediately.
Mute 4

Re: Original Super Nintendo Mini Console

Postby UnholyArceus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:55 am

i think that's the 2nd snes model....

this is what needs to happen to gamestop.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: i'm getting mugged by gamestop.

Postby ClassicGamer90 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:08 pm

UnholyArceus wrote:i think that's the 2nd snes model....

That's what Mute is saying, but these were referred to as the SNES Mini before the actual mini re-releases came out.

I have one and it still looks brand new, I had Super Double Dragon, Pitfall, Super Off-Road, and Gradius II I think. Mostly played Super Double Dragon on it, lots of fond memories on that system.

Systems I own:

Spoiler:
x2 NES
x2 SNES (Orig. & mini)
x1 Super Famicom
x2 Sega Genesis
x2 Nintendo 64
x3 PlayStation (Slim, orig., & orig. w/chip & clear blue shell)
x1 Sega Saturn
x4 Sega Dreamcast (1 w/ clear blue shell)
x2 GameCube (Xeno chip)
x1 GB
x1 GB Pocket
x2 GBC
x2 GBA
x1 GBA SP
x4 PlayStation 2 (2 orig. & 2 slim)
x1 Original Xbox (250GB HDD & UnleashX)
x1 Xbox 360 (Star Wars 320GB)
x1 PlayStation 3 (1TB)
x1 Wii (soft modded, 1TB HDD)
x1 Wii U
x1 DS Lite
x1 DSi XL
x1 3DS XL
X1 PS Vita
x2 PSP (1000, 3000 w/CFW)
x1 Neo Geo X
x1 Retro Freak
ClassicGamer90 4

Postby BLKBRDSR71 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 pm

I never had a model 2. I still have a model 1 Super NES, It's at my parents house, I hope to reunite with it someday (family issues is keeping me from getting it). I have 50+ games for it including Super Mario RPG. I wish it was with me now :( I would play my SNES more than the SNES9x emulator I have now.

BLKBRDSR71 2

Custom Title: 16-Bit Forever!

Postby Mute » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:47 pm

The Super Nintendo "Slim" was released in 1997
(usually called the SNES 2, SNES Mini, SNES Jnr. or SNS-101)

The design of the SNS-101 is a large departure from that of the original North American Super NES. The system features a smaller footprint than the older model and contains a much less angular design language. To reach an affordable price point, several features were removed. The system lacks the expansion slot on the bottom of the console featured on the SNS-001, making it incompatible with the Japan-exclusive Satellaview add-on. The power and reset buttons were moved to the left hand side, and the cartridge eject button has been removed entirely. Additionally, it lacks a power LED to indicate when the unit is on. The internal RF modulator was also removed; however, an external RF modulator can be used.

The SNS-101 features the same AV multi-out port used on the original model. However, the SNS-101 only supports composite video through this port, whereas the SNS-001 supported composite video, S-Video and RGB. The video encoder used in the system still supports S-Video and RGB, but these pins were left unused. Users are able to modify the system to restore the removed functionality.

I feel like some people would rather "socially network" and potentially get the wrong answer slowly, rather than just use google and get the right answer immediately.
Mute 4

Postby Sageowl » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:58 pm

It outputs video quality comparable to a 1 chip snes variant in that everything is much sharper. Modding it for RGB really makes this shine as everything is very very beautiful compared a stock non 1 chip SNES. RetroRGB's write up on it shows this in great detail: http://retrorgb.com/snesversioncompare.html
Dunno if this was related to this thread, but I thought I'd point it out.

I use one I got off eBay in my RGB setup and I like it for both the output and it's smaller footprint; if I can fit anything else under my BVM and have room for something else, then I am all for it. It isn't pretty for what it is, but the SNES is ugly no matter what.

Consoles, handhelds, mods
Spoiler:
Atari 2600
Atari 7800 composite mod
NES
Famicom
AV Famicom RGB modded
SNES
SNES Mini RGB mod
Genesis
PC Engine Duo-R RGB modded
Saturn chipped
PS1 chipped
Nintendo 64 UltraHDMI
PS2 Fat FHDB
GC XenoGC
Xbox 360 Dual Nand RGH
PS3
Wii
Wii-U
Gameboy bivert backlight
GB Pocket
GB Light
GB Color
GB Advance Backlight mod
GB SP AGS-001 4x overclock switch
GB SP AGS-101
GB Micro
DS
Dslite
3DSXL
new 3DSXL
Japanese new 3DS
PSP CFW
PS Vita 3.60 HENkaku
Neo Geo Pocket Color
Wonderswan Color Frontlight mod
And the fucking R-Zone
Sageowl 3

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:04 pm

I got one of its controllers(they only say "Nintendo"on the front instead of the full "Super Nintendo Entertainment System)and multiple model 1s(both american and European,and one is CIB),but i dont have the model 2 its self.

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby Mute » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 pm

As i stated above, I used to own one , i also had the original one also.. I remember it being an ok console, I really didn't like the fact that they removed the eject button, now you had to pull the games out of the system, and they could have put it in instead of the reset button, but overall, i still would prefer an original snes..But The console is good for modding purposes,(put an led on it)
Plus as said above, For Rgb..
Now true rgb comes from the onboard chip Right? And if you mod it to get rgb then hook up some scart cables for it, then use scart to component or hdmi...is it still RGB?

Mute 4

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 am

Mute wrote:As i stated above, I used to own one , i also had the original one also.. I remember it being an ok console, I really didn't like the fact that they removed the eject button, now you had to pull the games out of the system, and they could have put it in instead of the reset button, but overall, i still would prefer an original snes..But The console is good for modding purposes,(put an led on it)
Plus as said above, For Rgb..
Now true rgb comes from the onboard chip Right? And if you mod it to get rgb then hook up some scart cables for it, then use scart to component or hdmi...is it still RGB?

i dont think i ever used the eject buttion in my life lol. always pulled it out. though i only got one in 2014 (Was a Mega Drive Kid)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Return to General Gaming Chat