Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

question about CFW

Discuss the Sony Playstation 3 here. General discussion, troublshooting, guides and more.

question about CFW

Postby dreamcast459 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:24 pm

ok so i recently got a ps3 slim model cech2101A in a trade i did with a buddy of mine from back east it has CFW info about my system is below

took this info from rebug toolbox

PS3 system: Firmware 4.81

LV2 Kernel: CEX
Target Type CEX
COBRA: 7.31

ok here is what i need to know

#1 how to i upgrade from the 120GB HDD that the CFW is installed on to the 500GB HDD i just bought the HDD is already formatted to FAT32
#2 how do i update my CFW to the latest version
#3 how to i install games to the HDD both retail disks as well as games that are on my computers hard drive

lastly what apps should i install and what guides should i read up on to learn all i need to know about using my CFW PS3 only ever owned an RGH'd 360

also are there any cheats apps? i know on an RGH'd 360 you have trainers

sucessfull trade with ware-wolf my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/4599kane/videos
MMO's that i play star trek online and shot online

systems i own
dreamcast
saturn chip modded
N64
sega game gear
orig-xbox
xbox360
dreamcast459 13

Re: question about CFW

Postby XamX » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:53 pm

#1 - you just put the new HDD in, start the PS3 and follow the instruction on screen

#2 - I answered that in one of your last threads and via PM (including links to the needed files)
Spoiler:
USB drive (stick or hdd) formatted with FAT32 --> [PS3] (folder) --> [UPDATE] (folder) --> PS3UPDAT.PUP (file)
^exactly like this, that means no lower case "ps3" or "update" folder and no "PS3UPDATE.PUP" file

#3 - you rip them yourself from your game disc via MultiMan or you FTP or copy them to your HDD (internal or external). Paths & foldernames are also in my pics from those older threads & PMs.

(#4) apps - MultiMan & Rebug Toolbox

(#5) cheats - get "PS3Tools", it's a collection of several tools including "PS3 Cheats Editor" (I already sent you that via PM a few days ago)
Spoiler:

pick a game, press right mouse button and choose "save as package .pkg", then install that cheat file on your PS3

XamX 7

Re: question about CFW

Postby duwen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Other essential apps; ReActPSN and ManaGunz.

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, NDS,
3DS & N3DS XL, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, SNES Mini/Jr, Neo-Geo CD, Playstation,
Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube (w/ Gameboy Player), Wii, Playstation 3,
Xbox 360, Wii U, Playstation 4 Pro

Computers:
48k Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga A1200, Win PC

Other:
Pandoras Box 4S+, Android devices
duwen 4

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Return to Playstation 3