Community
Submit
Marketplace

Test Drive 6 - Having problems installing

Come here if you are having PC gaming related issues

Test Drive 6 - Having problems installing

Postby Kaxey » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 am

Hey all,

Been trying to get Test Drive 6 working on every version of windows since Vista, for ten years now. I see plenty of other people on YouTube including a dude on Win8.1 that simply clicks install and the installer opens. Most complain about problems with DLLs missing but me... the installer won't even open. Could it be because I'm on 64-bit?

I collect for: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation Portable, Dreamcast, Genesis, NES, PC.
Kaxey Newbie

Custom Title: OG Xbox Collector

Re: Test Drive 6 - Having problems installing

Postby kremiso » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:44 am

1) Could be an old (16 bit ?) installer
if is a 'common' one (like InstallShield) you can try to substitute it at least with the 32 bit version

2) Have you tried to run the setup/installer in compatibility mode ?

3) Sometimes the setup files itself can be opened with zip-unzip progs, so files can be extracted manually

I don't have this game, so take those as simply BASIC hints... ;)

kremiso 6

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby rodion » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 am

Just tried it on my Windows 7 PC (64bit).

You can simply open the CD and copy the folder Setup\InstData\GameData\Common to your hard disk, then copy the crack file there. If you get error about missing drmclien.dll when you launch the game, you can download it from dll-files.com(I used the 10.0.0.3646 version) and put it in that folder too.

For the record; normal installation also worked fine on my PC.

rodion 4

Postby mrpink999 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:18 pm

This title Works on 7Pro 64, you have to play the music separately using the patch

http://theisozone.com/downloads/pc/wind ... rive-6-pc/

The game uses WMA (windows media files) for audio

Your install issues seem to be in the os itself,
be sure to have microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed along with net frame work 4.5 or higher
Without seeing your file system, there is no way to tell your issues/

mrpink999 Moderator

Custom Title: No Worries

Postby Kaxey » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:41 am

rodion wrote:Just tried it on my Windows 7 PC (64bit).

You can simply open the CD and copy the folder Setup\InstData\GameData\Common to your hard disk, then copy the crack file there. If you get error about missing drmclien.dll when you launch the game, you can download it from (I used the 10.0.0.3646 version) and put it in that folder too.

For the record; normal installation also worked fine on my PC.

This solution worked! Thank you, this means a lot to me because Test Drive 6 on the PC was the first video game I remember playing.

I am having some issues with geometry flickering and becoming transparent. Mostly the road, buildings, etc. It is near unplayable in fullscreen mode, and in windowed it is still present but is very minor. Anyone know of a solution?

EDIT - Switching renderer from hardware to HAL fixed it. Game's not quite as pretty, but you can't win em all. Thank you so much, this means a LOT to me.

I collect for: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation Portable, Dreamcast, Genesis, NES, PC.
Kaxey Newbie

Postby rodion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:08 am

Kaxey wrote:This solution worked! Thank you, this means a lot to me because Test Drive 6 on the PC was the first video game I remember playing.

I am having some issues with geometry flickering and becoming transparent. Mostly the road, buildings, etc. It is near unplayable in fullscreen mode, and in windowed it is still present but is very minor. Anyone know of a solution?

EDIT - Switching renderer from hardware to HAL fixed it. Game's not quite as pretty, but you can't win em all. Thank you so much, this means a LOT to me.

Glad to hear it worked.

As for the rendering issues, the game seemed to work fine for me, but I only played it for 10-15 seconds. Since it uses DirectX for rendering you can try using dgVoodoo 2. It converts old DirectX to new ones and fixes many old games, so those can be played on Windows 7/8/10.

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

Download where is says "dgVoodoo v2.54 (released: 25.04.2017)".
Extract with Winrar/7-Zip.
Copy the three files from the MS folder to your game installation folder.
Optionally you can run the "dgVoodooCpl" configuration program and change some settings if you wish (like activate/disable dgVoodoo watermark in DirectX menu when testing if it works).

rodion 4

Postby Kaxey » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Will give this a shot when I'm home and can tear myself from Watch_Dogs 2.

Kaxey Newbie

Postby Kaxey » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Worked fantastic. Completely smooth and pretty. Thank you so much.

Kaxey Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting