Project Electricmouse (Sonic 1 Hack)
13 October 2009 - 06:55 PM
Hello I would like to formally present my first hack
This is obviously WIP but I have made this topic so that I can gather ideas and guidance from the more experienced members of the hacking community.
SO! here it is:
What I've done so far:
1) Changed sonic sprites to Pikachu.
2) Changed the title screen foreground.
3) Changed Crabmeat to krabby.
4) Changed Buzz bomber to Beedrill.
5) Changed Chopper to Magikarp.
6) Changed the rings into Rice balls.
7) Changed changed the Lives counter
6) Changed the signpost
7) Edited end of level text
8) Changed running animation speed and the speed at which it changed to the running animation.
9) DalekSam made a opening theme for me, and a new last boss theme. ITS FEGGING AWESOME!
10) Changed Zone names:
-Green Hill = Safari
-Labyrinth = Seafoam
-Marble = Mt Moor or Cinnabar
-Star Light = Saffron City
-Spring Yard = Cerulean City
-Scrap Brain = Rocket Base
- Final = Elite
11) HINT: Full Charge + Down+B = WIN
Comments and criticism are apreciated!
12) The rice balls are now Pok'e Balls and the HUD has been changed to reflect this.
13) The game now works on a hits system Pikachu now has 3 hits, regardless of whether he has balls or not, before he dies. (not implemented in the HUD yet)
The current aim is to finish Safari Zone, to do this I have to do these things:
1) Implement the hits into the HUD
2) create level art for Safari zone
3) Finish converting badniks in Green Hill Zone into Pokemon
4) Change other objects into pokemon themed equivalents.
5) level music for Safari Zone.
6) New layouts for safari Zone.
7) Change Boss art.
Other bits and bobs to do:
1) Clean up the title screen or completely change it.
2) New moves?
**I found this Rom hack here http://forums.sonicretro.org/
It''s a really well made hack featuring Pikachu and various Pokemon as badniks.... even team Rocket as the bosses. The music is cool to.... (Nyan Cat to a Bubble Bobble style level finish)**
5 years ago