Monster World IV (English Translation)Update Information Update Boxart Add Screenshots Add Video Report File
Monster World IV is an adventure platform game, released exclusively in Japan for the Sega Mega Drive in April 1994. It is the sixth and final game in the Wonder Boy/Monster World series.
The story involves a young girl named Arsha, who upon hearing spirits whisper on the wind pleading for help, embarks on a journey to find and aid them. Along the way she becomes master of a genie and adopts a small monster she names Pepe'.
Gameplay revolves around walking along a 2D landscape fighting a variety of monsters, as well as interacting with various people. Playing the game also requires Arsha to utilize Pepe's abilities; such as clogging a lava geyser with his flame resistant body.
While this was viewed as another sequel to the Wonder Boy series, it remains solely as part of the Monster World series, as it was only released in Japan. Still, some games from both series overlap, therefore allowing for some continuity; one example is a book in the Royal Rapadagnan Library that mentions the disappearance of Shion, the playable character from the last game, stating that a large hole appeared next to his house and he was never seen from again. There is also a book entitled The Magic of Eleanora, the Fairy Queen of Alsedo from the last game.
An English fan translation was released in 2002 by longtime translation groups Demiforce and DeJap. Afterward a bug fix patch of the English translation was released by Michele Di Somma.
After Di Somma Michele completed his Italian translation of this game, he released this bugfix patch built off of Demi’s Monster World IV English translation. He fixed many grammar errors, pointers and untranslated Japanese text.
FROM THE README.TXT:
This patch fixes the DEJAP english translation of the game indentified by GoodGen v.3.00 as:
Monster World IV (J) [!]
After my italian translation of this game I release also a bugfix of the english translation of DEJAP. I've fixed many errors of grammar, pointers, and text not translated from Jap thanks to forum of Romhacking.net.
However here's the features:
* Fixed the regional check to allow the use on every console.
* Fixed the secret menu of sound.
* Translated the scrool text as STAR WARS and another through the game left pendig from DEJAP. The STAR WARS screen can be seen only with the emulators Regen, Mess, beside a real Genesis though.
* Added the special simbols for the Ice Pyramid I quest.
* Decompress and modified graphics of main screen and Game Over.
* Restored the Ice Pyramid I quest.
* Corrected many text and pointers bugged.
* Restored the Armor Debug menu (it was cutted also from the original Jap version).
* Corrected many bugs as at begin where if you talk always with your mother, you receive always elixirs.
* Other fixes that I don't remember.
A last note on this game. It's name is "Monster World IV" and not as wrongly it called "Wonderboy 6".